Jifcom

Free Member
Oct 10, 2012
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
hired a few, now own, so a semi-newbie :-)
Hi all and a Merry New Year to you all :Smile:

I have a problem on my 2000 Bessacarr E725 Motorhome, Its stopped charging the Leisure Battery?

I have done some checks
With the leisure battery removed every thing works on the Van battery,

With the leisure battery charged up on a stand along charger and tested for voltage over several days with no lose, I think the battery is fine, so refitted and everything works until battery goes flat again. (Plugged into mains)

With the battery selector switched off and mains plugged in, nothing!!! I had assumed the the mains would feed the 12v system direct, am I wrong in that assumption?

If not wrong, I assume the charger is not working to charge the leisure battery or directly feed the 12v system.

The unit fitted is a "inter-Power Battery Charger" no Model No. that I can find. nothing on the unit, no switch, no Fuses.

All the fuses next to the Mains fuse box are OK.
so does anyone know where the fuse is for the charger? if there is another one somewhere!.

So my assumption is that a fuse somewhere has blown or the charger has had it??? if that's the case, any recommendations for a replacement.

Many thanks for reading and hopefully some reply's.
Regards

Jon

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
Charger

It sounds very much like the charger. Disconnect the charger from the battery and measure the voltage at the charger terminals - you should get about 13.5v - if not the charger is dead.

You should be able to track down a charger, you might not be able to get exactly the same model but m/h engineers have a lot of experience of fitting alternatives.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back