Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
Happy New Year!
Can anyone advise whether it is possible to change the slider control (3010 214) for either the Digital Control panel (3010 213) or better still the Colour Touch control panel (3010-613) and if so is it
relatively simple?
Thanks in advance
Richard

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi Richard,

Yes it is possible to upgrade your 3010 slider to both upgraded models mentioned.
Alde do a kit and you will also need a template from them as the latest model is a different shape to the slider model.
I have the slider controller and looked into doing this but have yet to get around to doing so.
According to Alde it's quite straight forward but suppose that depends on confidence and ability.
I know there's a temperature probe wire which the slider doesn't have and also there's the addition of a battery back up and the facility to utilise with your mobile phone which are all features that the slider doesn't have.
If you send me a pm with your email address, I will forward you my exchange of emails with Alde on this subject. May save you a bit of time.

You may also wish to quiz @Imbiber who had his upgraded and Andy may offer some insight as to who he used, costs and his opinions etc. as to whether it's worthwhile. (He may respond to this post)

If you do go ahead and decide on fitting it yourself, let me know how you get on.

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Richard,

I purchased all the parts required direct from Alde UK and then had them fitted by my mobile habitation engineer when he came to do the annual hab service.

I'm not sure why, but I didn't get the battery back up part of the upgrade, but it's of no real consequence for us. As far as I can ascertain all it means is when you turn the panel off the date and time settings are lost, so when you turn the panel back on they need re-setting if you want to use the timer functions for example.

The bits I ordered were:
1. Colour Touch Control Panel - 3010/613
2. Assembly Frame - 3010/517
3. Patch Cable - 3010/279

All in the price was circa £220 including vat and delivery, but this was 18 months ago.

From memory there were one or two sellers online offering the upgrade kit as a boxed bundle, however, the important patch cable was not part of the kit which is why I went direct to Alde UK.

In conclusion the upgrade is definitely worth it in my view.

Cheers

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back