Central locking has just stopped working…. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 25, 2020
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 6617
Exp
Hi fellow Funsters. We have a 2020 Dethleffs Trend on a Fiat Ducatto chassis. It has a remote central locking key fob. This morning, the central locking functionality has stopped working - neither the key fob nor the manual internal button work. The message on the dash board states it’s the rear door (hab) that’s the issue. I’ve slammed all doors shut so know they are properly closed. Is there a sensor that may have blown? Does anybody have any suggestions on the possible cause/problem and more importantly, the solution?

Secondly, we’re due to head off for a few nights away but I can’t secure the MH. I can lock the hab door from inside, lock the driver’s door with the key but can’t manually lock the passenger door - there’s no external key option and no internal manual button. Again, any ideas on how I can manually secure the MH? Thanks in advance…..

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
We have a dethleffs trend too. Our hab door is a very tight fit and unless it's shut very firmly the doors will not lock. Probably not the problem you have, as you say you have slammed it.

OP
OP
Where to next?
Jul 25, 2020
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 6617
Exp
We have a dethleffs trend too. Our hab door is a very tight fit and unless it's shut very firmly the doors will not lock. Probably not the problem you have, as you say you have slammed it.
You’re right Bognor. The door needs to be properly closed for the central locking to work. Hence the slam on this occasion to ensure it‘s properly closed!😉

OP
OP
Where to next?
Jul 25, 2020
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 6617
Exp
Can you take the door panel off and operate the lock manually
That’s possibly an option Lenny but hopefully the last resort! Trying to find a manual lock button inside the door/behind the panel that I can access.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
We had this once. Have you inadverte tly turned the lock by the key in the hab door? We unlocked ours that way and the central locking began working again.
Good luck.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Manually throw the catch or catches on the door (just by flicking them with screwdriver) so the latches are in the closed position, then see if CL works.

Do you have PVC, or plastic box?

OP
OP
Where to next?
Jul 25, 2020
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 6617
Exp
So, some good news for now. I can manually lock the passenger door by inserting a screwdriver into a small hole on the inside of the door and flicking a locking switch up. When the door is closed, it is locked. I can manually lock the hab door from the inside and exit via the driver’s door and lock with the key. Still don’t know what’s broken but at least we can secure the MH!👍

OP
OP
Where to next?
Jul 25, 2020
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 6617
Exp
Manually throw the catch or catches on the door (just by flicking them with screwdriver) so the latches are in the closed position, then see if CL works.

Do you have PVC, or plastic box?
Thanks Andy. Think that’s what I’ve just done so at least I now know how to lock the passenger door. its A coach built not a PVC.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Thanks Andy. Think that’s what I’ve just done so at least I now know how to lock the passenger door. its A coach built not a PVC.
Tigger your hab door latches and see if that allows CL to work. You may find that lock isn’t fully latching as the rubber seals are stiff due to the cold.

We often have to give ours a shove where bottom latch is when cod to get it to lock. Ok in summer

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
There may be a coach builders socket that has been used for locking and rear door open sensor connections, it is shown on section 3.14 of the manual that is in Motorhome manuals (page 2 ) of the Resources section. There is also fuse shown ( section 3.11 ) for door lock in the dash fuse box (F38) along with (F49) which I think may be the fuse used for the converters socket.
Another thing you could try is disconnecting the starter battery and reconnecting , after 2 mins. , to reset the Body Control module

Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
Don't forget to check the little square connections at the hab door. They get dirty and often need a clean for the door to lock.

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Don't forget to check the little square connections at the hab door. They get dirty and often need a clean for the door to lock.
This is a common problem but not all hab doors have them, mine is wired to internal switches that operate when the top door catch is firmly closed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back