Cattle trailer converted to motorhome! (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Recently we got the fella that replaced all the windows, and later a Ranchslider to come give us a quote for a conservatory. He came, we told him exactly what we wanted.
He drew up the plans then and there, instead of a flat roof he came up with a pitched roof, instead of glass down to the floor he drew in Brick 1/2 way, instead of doors in the side, he had them in the front, instead of being flush with the Bungalow floor he had a step down, and to completely ***k up the design he had perched one of those stupid frilly Edwardian ridge line thingees on top, and quoted us £GB13.000.
I built a Deck instead!

Last time we stayed at Pochana Fields in Cardiff there were a couple on site that had converted a 7.5ton truck horse box into a "campervan"

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
The choice of materials was extremely perverse. No regard at all seemed to be been given to the finished weight. I wonder if it was even road legal?

Given that they had no "facilities" on board you have to wonder where they could use it? Not many of the sites I know would be willing to accept that style of unit on their site. The clubs in particular can be quite sniffy about unit size and style!

Looks like a white elephant to me. o_O

Can you imagine the look on the face of the Warden at a Caravan and Motorhome Club site if you turned up with that,,,BUSBY:D:D

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
£19000....and it's still a cattle trailer.
They could have spent that on a very new caravan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
£19000....and it's still a cattle trailer.
They could have spent that on a very new caravan.
I am glad you all more or less agree with my thoughts on this , didn't want to comment as I know I'm always the miserable old bugger and didn't think it was worth getting argued with, but it's a load of old rubbish in my opinion , not even considering the cost , who wants to live in a cattle trailer?
Btw iv got one down the yard if anyone wants a go at it(y):)

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I just like the fact that the Daily Mail are proving once and for all that they provide an intelligent paper aimed at a discerning readership - they certainly don't need to dumb things down for their audience.

"The cattle trailer was originally used to transport cows"

Well I never........

Jul 29, 2016
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato PVC
Exp
im a newbie
I saw this on telly the other day - I seem to remember the compartments below the bed pull out & one contained the loo.

Glad I watched it though cos I really like that stove, never seen one with an integral oven. That would be really handy for doing Pizza, baked tattys etc these cold evenings.

They are made in the UK by a company called Dean Forge, the oven models are the Dartmoor Baker range & are quite pricey £1200 and up.

Still might put one in the new house when we move,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back