Carpet tiles (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Does any have any experience of laying these in a motorhome ? We would like to lay some on top of the lino? floor but are nervous about using any adhesive on floor in causes a problem in the future.
Many thanks
Pam

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I've fitted some loose. They must be closely laid/fitted to avoid movement; easy against furniture/fixtures but where there's nothing for them to but up against just use a strip of double-sided carpet tape (which is easy to remove later if necessary).

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Replaced the very light coloured carpet in ours with fully fitted carpet tiles. No adhesive required given the small area \ multiple corners.
Two things you need to consider, marking of the vinyl below as some tiles have "patterened" backs to aid non-slippage that could create indentation pattern in the vinyl. Will probably "spring back" though. The other is the weight differential between carpet tiles and the existing carpet, just make sure of the potential impact on your payload.

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
Why not use some nice mats, we have washable ones of two sizes and they have proved ideal. Our carpet that came with the MH, was an off white colour. Whoever thought that one up, was an idiot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
As above, we use washable non-slip mats from Dunelm Mill...

They cut without fraying, fairly lightweight but stay put. We have them strategically placed rather than fully fitted.

Been washed in the machine several times without deterioration.

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Oops should have checked before posting. Yes you could get carpet burns😂
Aah, the nostalgia of a youth long since passed, but gloriously misspent ... 'Wilton?' 'Naw, there's plenty of life left in him yet, and that's without a blue tablet ...' :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
we had a sort of vinyl in our Hymer, fairly slippery but very cold, so I fitted carpet tiles, much warmer now, but they do seem to attract the dirt easily, so I brought a roll up carpet from one of those small mags, about £15.00. I lay out an old sheet on the floor when I'm working in the Hymer, and roll the carpet out when we're away. Perfect for them night time nips to the toilet, no more cold feet :mad::LOL:

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
we had a sort of vinyl in our Hymer, fairly slippery but very cold, so I fitted carpet tiles, much warmer now, but they do seem to attract the dirt easily, so I brought a roll up carpet from one of those small mags, about £15.00. I lay out an old sheet on the floor when I'm working in the Hymer, and roll the carpet out when we're away. Perfect for them night time nips to the toilet, no more cold feet :mad::LOL:
Happiness is warm feet and an empty bladder; but not warm, wet feet, and an empty bladder, 'cos that stains the carpet ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back