Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
After a year, my subscription for the dealer fitted Tracker system has come up for renewal. £99 for a year but I only have the basic battery powered version that will need replacing in another 3 and a bit years (£249 for the same again) because the installed battery only has a five year life. So I decided to buy a Carlock device (Amazon £50) with a £7 per month subscription. It has a multi-network SIM card installed, and installation is straightforward (two wires that fit across the vehicle battery). The advantage for me is that I always know where the vehicle is (as long as there is a mobile signal), unlike the Tracker system, which can only be followed by a Tracker-following equipped police car. In rural Scotland, police cars are few and far between and even less can follow a Tracker alarm. There are other advantages as well. As there is no contract I thought it was worth a try. By the way there was no discount for insurance for having a Tracker installed. Rubbish! Any other thoughts?

Amazon product ASIN B07PGJRJPT

OP
OP
Korgrocker

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
After a year, my subscription for the dealer fitted Tracker system has come up for renewal. £99 for a year but I only have the basic battery powered version that will need replacing in another 3 and a bit years (£249 for the same again) because the installed battery only has a five year life. So I decided to buy a Carlock device (Amazon £50) with a £7 per month subscription. It has a multi-network SIM card installed, and installation is straightforward (two wires that fit across the vehicle battery). The advantage for me is that I always know where the vehicle is (as long as there is a mobile signal), unlike the Tracker system, which can only be followed by a Tracker-following equipped police car. In rural Scotland, police cars are few and far between and even less can follow a Tracker alarm. There are other advantages as well. As there is no contract I thought it was worth a try. By the way there was no discount for insurance for having a Tracker installed. Rubbish! Any other thoughts?

Amazon product ASIN B07PGJRJPT
So after two weeks it has stopped working. GPS signal "wanders" - over 1/2 mile yesterday triggering a "Vehicle Has Moved" alert. Also I'm getting loads of spurious vibration alerts - 35 over the last 10 minutes! So it's being sent back for a refund. Back to square one. Anyone got any other suggestions or do I have to go back to Tracker and eat humble pie :cry:

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Fit a good steering wheel lock. No electronics, no subscription and likely your ‘van will be where you parked it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!