Caravan and Motorhome Club Cl 5 units? (1 Viewer)

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Google earth dont always show vans in situ. I google earth virtually every site we visit to look at location, and given the wide area covered by a single post code, even with site directions it is not always easy to spot the site on google earth.
With a little more effort you can often see extra spaces mowed or tracks in the grass, but if someone wants it all spelled out in a 24 page contract go to park resorts or similar. Simples

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We much prefer non EHU CSs (CCC) but so many now have it which of course puts the price up for those of us that don't want or need it. It's one of the reasons we tend to rally at weekends or use THSs, although they too are getting more expensive!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
C&MC are very clear on their requirements to operate a CL under their certification.
They clearly state there should be a maximum of 5 units at any one time, etc.......
Failure to comply could result in withdrawal of the owners certification. There is a section in the guidance on this (see Rule 4).
If any member is upset \ concerned around breaches of this term they really should complain to the Club and action should be taken by them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• setting-up-a-cl-guide.pdf
    273.1 KB · Views: 25
Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
I wouldn't be too worried with more than 5 vans on a site, providing there was plenty of room for everyone. Last year, we stayed on a CS near to Chichester. When we arrived, i counted 2 caravans and 5 or 6 vans of varying sizes, plus ourselves. This was not a problem as it was on a massive field, with the vans and caravans on either side of the field (trying to get some shade from the trees either in the morning, or on the other side, shade in the afternoon). We had been told over the phone by the owners to park anywhere, then as we drove onto the field, one of the caravanners walked over to us to clarify where we could park up and point out where the facilities (fresh water & elsan dump). The nearest unit to us was over 30m away, so not crowded by any stretch of the imagination.

Later on talking with the owners, we found out that the people who pointed out the facilities to us were regulars who had become friends over many years. Others stored their van or caravan on site. They also said that they would quite often take bookings for 6 or 7 units as unfortunately it is a regular occurrence that people book and then not turn up or cancel.

Cheers

Trevor

OP
OP
dolly the dog

dolly the dog

Free Member
Feb 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
A class
Thanks Trevor, as you explained the incidents of no shows and cancellations for the site owners I can see how it is a regular problem for them, I must admit I am now far more wiser regarding the running of cl's.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
C&MC are very clear on their requirements to operate a CL under their certification.
They clearly state there should be a maximum of 5 units at any one time, etc.......
Failure to comply could result in withdrawal of the owners certification. There is a section in the guidance on this (see Rule 4).
If any member is upset \ concerned around breaches of this term they really should complain to the Club and action should be taken by them.
Then the landowner gets a ticking off and thinks, stuff this for a game of shotties and pulls the gate shut for the last time. like ya thinking.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Then the landowner gets a ticking off and thinks, stuff this for a game of shotties and pulls the gate shut for the last time. like ya thinking.
Don't have any idea where you got from my post that I support \ or don't support the action of advising the Club?:unsure: My post is very clearly a simple notification of what the T&C's are for operating a CL under C&MC auspices. However, there are a number of posts criticising the Club for false advertising which is wrong in that the certified site owners should not be doing it and if a member felt inclined to do so the Club would act on it!
Seems like the Club gets beat about when they follow and \ or don't follow the legislation.:rolleyes:

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
If upset/concerned... really should complain to the club. The wheels are in motion when/if that happens.

Landowners can be a fickle lot, one complaint and the gates shut for good. Perhaps it's best to tell the owner you aren't happy and not use that CL/CS again.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Maybe this has been covered before on previous threads but recently I have stayed on CL sites where the 5 unit requirement seems to be overlooked, on the CaMC website it does say that these sites are Small with 5 units, does it bother others that when you arrive this 5 units can be, in my personal experience anything up to 9, this can start to invade both your space, views and enjoyment of the site.
I understand times have been quite hard for the industry but I wonder if this 5 unit requirement is overlooked by the site owners that some people may vote with their feet and look at other ways to have stays to enjoy the space and seclusion the 5 unit Cl's offer.
You could always leave and re-dress the situation, if it worries you? ;)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I can see your point dolly. If a site advertises or the club stipulates that a CL is 5 units then it creates an expectation in the mind of the customer that when they turn up there will be no more than 4 others on that site. I for one wouldn't like it if I booked somewhere on the understanding that there would be no more than 4 others on the site and then found 10 or more or two fields set aside with double that. That would be false advertising and I may have driven many miles to find out what the reality is. It may be that some here are ok with that but I like relative solitude and choose CL's for that reason. Fair enough if its made clear in the advertising that there may be more than 5 but if its not then it is not right. There are two sides to a contract and in this type of case if one side isn't delivering there may not be much that you can do about it except not stay but it isn't fair if you've paid your money on a false prospectus and are forced to move on and find somewhere that isn't conducting false advertising in the hope that people will just suck it up and stay.
Surly it would depend on the space available?

If say five vans on half an acre is acceptable, then 15 vans spread over three acres wouldn't be an issue?

OP
OP
dolly the dog

dolly the dog

Free Member
Feb 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
A class
Thanks Eddie, yes I know now but I won't want to leave a site owner out of pocket, I had booked and the fault was mine for my lack of homework in searching for a site, I am now aware of the problems site owners have with no shows and cancellations from advice others have provided on this site.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Thanks Eddie, yes I know now but I won't want to leave a site owner out of pocket, I had booked and the fault was mine for my lack of homework in searching for a site, I am now aware of the problems site owners have with no shows and cancellations from advice others have provided on this site.
I was only teasing šŸ˜˜

Oct 9, 2019
Joppa
Funster No
MH
Hymer S650 Starline
Exp
Surly it would depend on the space available?

If say five vans on half an acre is acceptable, then 15 vans spread over three acres wouldn't be an issue?
Yep I've been persuaded by some good arguments that I am in the wrong

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back