Can anyone help, (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Ebbw Vale Gwent
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9048df A class
Exp
seven
I was chatting to a guy in Taverners in spain in January this year, he was picking up British tv programs via a auto satellite dish off a different satellite now Astra2 has anyone any info on this please

OP
OP
Hydrocell
Jun 22, 2012
Ebbw Vale Gwent
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9048df A class
Exp
seven
Thanks for tat frank he did tell but as I didn’t write it there an then I forgot
regards Ray

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2016
Algarve & North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
It seems that Intelsat 907 is now Intelsat 901. Reports on various forums suggest all specs are the same.
Reports say 10% stronger signal.
I have not tested as my best kit is in Portugal, I am shielded in UK, I may have a go soon on Oyster before the trees grow too much.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
Thanks for the information. I'm interested to read what changes have been made and if any modifications/adjustments have to be made. Or is it just a case of tuning in to 901.
Thanks Frank

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Re I907 and I901: any changes are guesswork and speculation (for example lyngsat and flysay says channels have moved over to I901, kingofsat says most are still on I907, but these are sourced by users) , nothing has been officially released by Intelsat, which given the uniqueness of the operation, should happen. But if the change has happened then the reports I have seen are that no one has seen any reception differences...yet.
No need to change anything or realign or rescan anything... same frequency, same location, same code required to hack into it....

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Official press release from Intelsat yesterday ( LINK ) say services started to move from I907 to I901 on 2nd April.
Until then it was all speculation as to what had moved over and when.
But the signals seem to be pretty much the same, so no need to do or change anything at the receiver side of things

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back