Can anyone help to explain this mystery? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
RichardandKaren

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
An update - as the source of the problem remains a mystery and because, even after a drive now the boiler will not light, I have decided to replace it. Luckily, I have managed to source a working Truma C6002 which will be a straight swap. So, hopefully when this is done the problem will be sorted .

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
An update - as the source of the problem remains a mystery and because, even after a drive now the boiler will not light, I have decided to replace it. Luckily, I have managed to source a working Truma C6002 which will be a straight swap. So, hopefully when this is done the problem will be sorted .

Thanks for the update, hope it's sorted but please let us know. Good Luck! šŸ¤ž

madroy

Free Member
Apr 23, 2018
Funster No
Check regulator as I gad similar prob when bottle was not completely full ,it seems a common prob

Mar 3, 2010
Southwell, Notts
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
My similar mystery Truma problem turned out to be the pipe from the sink dripping onto the Truma control box. When it dried out, it was OK, when wet again ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Now I had this problem when I first did this van, no one believed me, but unless the voltage showed 12.5 or above it wouldn't light, took the whole thing to the place in Cannock and he said it's impossible but serviced it anyway, put it back, exactly the same, as it happened I had an old boiler lying about complete with cable, so put this new/ old cable on just to try and it has worked fine ever since, so obviously something with the cable but no idea what.
By the way it's the cable with din plugs on.

Mar 25, 2021
Chippenham, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 Welcome
Exp
Ex Tugger saw the light in 2019
The hab side does not use the chassis for earth.
Surely cab battery and hab battery must use a common earth otherwise a battery maintainer, B2B or standard split charge relay wouldn't work. If you say they are separate, then I can't get my head around my DS300 and B2B wiring diagrams because that what it's indicating that both batteries are connected via a common earth.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Surely cab battery and hab battery must use a common earth otherwise a battery maintainer, B2B or standard split charge relay wouldn't work. If you say they are separate, then I can't get my head around my DS300 and B2B wiring diagrams because that what it's indicating that both batteries are connected via a common earth.
Yes they have a common earth that is normally a cable not relying on the chassis as the hab body is timber. My van has a 25mm sq cable from the starter battery to hab electrics on the negative side.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Yes they have a common earth that is normally a cable not relying on the chassis as the hab body is timber. My van has a 25mm sq cable from the starter battery to hab electrics on the negative side.

Lenny, while I bow to your greater knowledge of electrics, MY PVC has a METAL body SO, are you ONLY making your statement about "The Hab side does not use a body for earth" for this OP's particular vehicle or as a general statement?

Your statement is confusing as you do not make this clear + on my vehicle, IF my starter battery is low, I have the facility, on my control panel, to hook up the 'Hab' batteries to it. These MUST use the body earth IF I'm not on EHU?

Swissmaxie

Free Member
Nov 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Lunar620
is your battery charged and the charger working correctly as sounds like the drive is charging the leisure battery so it all works OK?
This will be your problem. Check battery voltage. Plug into mains and voltage should read higher. Inline fuse.

OP
OP
RichardandKaren

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
An update. Checked voltage going in to boiler and that was all fine. Replaced bulkhead regulator with a new one. Boiler still playing up. Occasionally it might fire up but more often than not it would not.
So, today my engineer guy replaced the boiler with the one I sourced. Absolute pig of a job as access was so tight - they obviously build the cabinets around the boiler and Rapido cabinets are pretty solid bits of kit. In the end he took the hob out and he just managed to lift old boiler out through the hole where the hob had been and I helped him lower the replacement in through same hole. Connected it all up and....................it works!!! I think I am going to keep the old boiler as there are loads of spares on it which are now unobtainable. The mobile engineer who did this is an absolute top guy as I guess many would not have wanted to take this job on. If anyone wants his contact details then let me know - he's based in Solihull in the W. Midlands.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back