Camping permit; Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We just used this service for the first time last night.
http://www.lochlomond-trossachs.org/things-to-do/camping/get-a-permit/
Booked online for a pitch at Inveruglas
And turned up at about 3pm to find that the Park Authority had dumped several loads of ballast and fine grit there in preparation for path repairs!
We really struggled to get anywhere near level so decided to contact the Park Authority to see if we could transfer the booking to another site. Very helpful lady contacted the Rangers and came back with a pitch at Firkin Point (have to make sure predictive text was off for that!!)

Drove a few miles south down the Loch and came to this place where three MH's are permitted...

IMG_20170706_092638.jpg

Nice quiet nights sleep. Toilets on site. There is a tap but notice to say not drinking water. No chemical cassettes to be emptied. But not bad for £3.

Lovely atmospheric views this morning...
IMG_20170706_092736.jpg

IMG_20170706_092913.jpg

IMG_20170706_092821.jpg

OP
OP
namwaldog
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We had heard a rumour about this and that was part of the reason to book.
The lady I spoke to made no mention of it so it will be interesting to see if we get a refund.

It was worth the £3 for peace of mind!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
parks authority have just found out that they have been acting without authority issuing and charging for permits on laybys. They are refunding any money already taken. laybys are part of roads and the responsibility of others, not in their jurisdiction.

OP
OP
namwaldog
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Having read into this a bit now it would appear that, as stated above, the Park Authority do not have the authority to issue permits on LAYBY'S (see image below) but are still able to issue them on certain other sites such as the one we stayed on at Firkin Point and we would certainly pay to stay there again.
Untitled.jpg

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
So can you just roll up and park for the night then ???? Or do you still need to obtain permission? ??

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
So can you just roll up and park for the night then ???? Or do you still need to obtain permission? ??
The park authority was actually acting illegally for the last year charging to park in laybys and have now removed the signage from all laybys.
Within the loch Lomond national parks aria
Parking restrictions still apply in sum parts that were acting out side the remit some one in the management structure is going to get there but kicked any Time soon I have Ben hearing .
Refunds sizing there way back in to bank accounts
It apparently cost a fortune to set up but not one person question it till one old boy told them to piss of he was not paying to park then questions started to get asked then suddenly all the signs cam down
Bill

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It apparently cost a fortune to set up but not one person question it till one old boy told them to piss of he was not paying to park then questions started to get asked then suddenly all the signs cam down
Bill
Would the 'old boy' be you then Bill???? :whistle:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Would the 'old boy' be you then Bill???? :whistle:
No but I was speaking to him yesterday
And his brother who happens to be a solicitor retired.
Who sent several letter's to the highway or who ever that are in Scotland.
And sent police Scotland a complaint that sumthing illegal was taking place
And a few to the loch Lomond scam as well
That's what I was basically and illegal
Action
Just wonder if I will get my 12 punds back
Frome when we were up at half the term
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!