LIFE MEMBER
Apr 16, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have a card for the above which had a small balance. The balance has changed to NIL and topping up now seems to be 80 EURO! I have sent them an email but have others experienced this please?

I would accept the top up minimum but do not want to lose my balance.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I have a card for the above which had a small balance. The balance has changed to NIL and topping up now seems to be 80 EURO! I have sent them an email but have others experienced this please?

On occasion in the past l have had need to contact them,they always respond and satisfactorily though not immediately.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If I remember correctly it comes up as 80 euros by default but you can change it to what you want to put on it, unless of course it's changed since we last topped up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020

When I registered with them you could manually reduce the amount……think I put €25 or €30 on my account. (y)

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Same happened to my 16 euro balance. I emailed them via the contact tab on the app and questioned it as I was under the impression the balance was valid with no expiry.

They replied very promptly and said it had moved off the card because there had been no activity for two years, and that this was to prevent fraudulent activity on the card. The balance was promptly restored.

I emailed one evening about 11pm and had a reply by 9am the next morning, with the balance restored.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
The odd occasion I've used their Aires I just put enough on the card to get out of the Aire. I can't see the point of letting someone else have my cash.
Same here! We just top up at the machine before exit.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Last week I checked my account prior to our France trip next week. I had €8.75 showing since we last used it in Spring 2021.

I topped up €50 without problems just to ensure it showed up, then added another €100 to ensure we had enough, once again without problems.

We intend to concentrate on Campin-car Park during our tour to ensure access to water and EHU.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004

I had this. Contacted them, they said it was removed because not used and they wanted to keep it safe (!). Restored it straight back

Reactions: f6c
Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
I am pleased to say they replied promptly and exactly as G7UXG said they explained why and restored the balance. Thanks too to those who have shown you can top up by less.

Well done Camping Car and this forum!
Happy to confirm that I too received an email this morning telling me that my card amount has been re-instated.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We are currently touring Brittany and Normandy, mainly using Camping-Car Park sites. Generally very successful having found some good ones but:-

One had incorrect Co-ordinates on the web site, out by over thirty miles. (Guess how we found out?). i.e. Bonnétable. reported to CCP.

The site at Evreux had a barrier that refused to open, either with the card or by entering the code. A telephone call to the help centre followed but they couldn’t open it remotely so we moved on.

We still like their Aires though.

Currently on the non-CCP Aire at Mailleraye-sur-Seine before heading to the north Coast and another CCP Aire.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back