Camping Car Park - French Aires (1 Viewer)

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
We are coming across more of this company, some new aires and a few where they have been given control by the local council.
They are not perfect by any means with you having to pay for water/electricity separately.
Even the French seem confused by some of them.
The reason for this post is that if you require water some of them need a double ended connector fitted before the water supply is activated.
Next time you are in a supermarket or garden centre might be worth buying one.

1556100362157-950344812.jpg

Bobby dazzler

Free Member
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Yeah I've come across some of these before some can be quite high pressure. Resulting in a soaking lol

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Always carry a couple of male to male connectors for joining hoses. Those connectors aren't that new been finding them on the odd Aire for around 5 years a bugger if you don't have a male connector.:D2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Get a fitting that includes a shut off valve, save the soaking. :)(y)
We have used an inline pressure shut off / reducing v/v with male connections at each end. Switch off v/v, then insert one of the ends into bourne post, connect hose to other end and SLOWLY turn pressue on/up.;);)(y)

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
We are coming across more of this company, some new aires and a few where they have been given control by the local council.
They are not perfect by any means with you having to pay for water/electricity separately.
Even the French seem confused by some of them.
The reason for this post is that if you require water some of them need a double ended connector fitted before the water supply is activated.
Next time you are in a supermarket or garden centre might be worth buying one.

View attachment 299021
I do not think you pay separately as all the ones we have used (10-20) all include EHU, Water, Waste disposal & WiFi. We find them of a good standard with plenty of space where you can get a table and awning out if you want. Generally not too badly priced but some in busy areas can be expensive compared to a free aire however if you take the services into account then they are not too bad IMHO.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I second(,or third) that. Good value IMHO, and all services always included. Good point about hose fittings though, in our travels we've occasionally come across 1/2" and 1" taps as well as the normal 3/4". We also carry a rubber connector for unthreaded taps, and a fiamma cycle strap for some of the push and hold taps.

Malcolm

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
You flash your card on the card reader to switch on the water

OP
OP
obanvanman

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
1. I did not say they were not good quality.
2. They are value for money.
3. If you stay more than one night you have to top up the electric using the code provided.
We have used three of these sites now, staying more than one night, and on each one we have had to pay for another 24 hours of electric.
4. If you need to top up the water then you need to pay for it, 1euro, again using the code provided.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
how do you fill your watering can?(n)

OP
OP
obanvanman

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
how do you fill your watering can?(n)
You dont, not like in the good old days when we used a thing called a tap.
The one we are on at the moment you pay for the water, connect your hose to activate the water, and then you get 10 minutes of water. To stop the water you have to pull the connector out, but remember, the clock is ticking.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
1. I did not say they were not good quality.
2. They are value for money.
3. If you stay more than one night you have to top up the electric using the code provided.
We have used three of these sites now, staying more than one night, and on each one we have had to pay for another 24 hours of electric.
4. If you need to top up the water then you need to pay for it, 1euro, again using the code provided.
I've used quite a few of them but they have differences, they are not all the same. A few have no services at all. The commonest offer a 24 hour stay which includes EHU and unlimited water etc. You can also stay for a short period, four hours from memory for emptying stuff and plugging in to the EHU. I've not come across ones where you had to pay extra for water or EHU but I'm not doubting they exist. I suspect it depends on the history of the site and what equipment was already in place. If they have to install new stuff it seems to be all in.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I’ve come type of those type fill point and I saw a French man telling another that when plugged in and press the flush button water comes out of water tap.

OP
OP
obanvanman

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Anyway, suffice to say that before this gets any more involved....
May I suggest you all carry one.
XX

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back