Calor Gas in Spain and Portugal (1 Viewer)

David Henderson

Free Member
Nov 7, 2017
Funster No
We are really new at this and my Calor Gas is very low. It appears that none of the Repsol cylinders will fit in my Bailey 79..4 Autograph and I also have the wrong adapter. Someone has told me I may be able to get the gas cylinder filled and the other solution would be to get a Repsol cylinder and just store it but I don't have an adapter. We are travelling down to Lisbon tomorrow and starting to get desperate.
Could someone please help a rookie.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
You need a s/h bottle Repsol or Cepsa.. Look on campsite notice boards, "rastros" which are s/h shops and also car boot sales.
Plus a "jumbo adaptor" see pic, NOT A REGULATOR. Try camping shops, hardware etc.... If you have Butane now all you need do is take off the clip on Butane adaptor and the Jumbo will screw straight in it's place and connect to the Spanish bottle.. Sorted (y)
If your running Propane then you will need a new hose / pigtail as well. NOTE,, This is for use in Spain.. Cant comment on Portugal. Sure someone will be along with more info.

SAM_0960.JPG
SAM_0962.JPG

Upvote 0

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
In portugal you can purchase a repsol propane bottle and high pressure adapter easily at any repsol dealer, unlike spain. You will need to source a pipe to connect to your van regulator.
The portuguese repsol cylinder is dearer than the spanish one but easier to get. It is exchangeable in spain.
Realise you do not have room in locker, if on campsite could leave outside, wont be ok on public aire, not allowed things outside........
Have heard tales of places in portugal who will fill any cylinder but no personal knowledge of where, sorry.

Edit, we got an 11 kg repsol that we exchanged in spain, no idea if other repsol ones are exchangeable in spain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
6kg Repsol bottles are available at some Repsol filling stations.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

David Henderson

Free Member
Nov 7, 2017
Funster No
Thank you for all your help, does anyone have a suggestion where I might find a hose or pigtails. I keep on asking in garages but no luck so far. I will be just outside Lisbon for 4 days.

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thank you for all your help, does anyone have a suggestion where I might find a hose or pigtails. I keep on asking in garages but no luck so far. I will be just outside Lisbon for 4 days.

Camping shops most likely.. Doubt if garages would do them.. OR if your on a site for a while why not order off ebay / amazon / dealer and get one posted out..

I have just been on google maps.. Zoomed in by Lisbon. Put in caravan in the search box and it bought up a number of dealers including this one..

http://www.solvana.pt/website/index...tegories&virtuemart_category_id=12&Itemid=166

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...2c36f9dfd231946!8m2!3d38.5787939!4d-9.1013467

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
You need a s/h bottle Repsol or Cepsa.. Look on campsite notice boards, "rastros" which are s/h shops and also car boot sales.
Plus a "jumbo adaptor" see pic, NOT A REGULATOR. Try camping shops, hardware etc.... If you have Butane now all you need do is take off the clip on Butane adaptor and the Jumbo will screw straight in it's place and connect to the Spanish bottle.. Sorted (y)
If your running Propane then you will need a new hose / pigtail as well. NOTE,, This is for use in Spain.. Cant comment on Portugal. Sure someone will be along with more info.

View attachment 196226 View attachment 196227
same adaptor in portugal. just about any hardware shop will have the adaptor .
mind in portugal find a gas bottle filling yard ,they usually will fill uk bottles or let you have a bottle at a good price .

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Link Removed

You might even get a funster discount @Jim payed him a visit. :eek: :LOL:
There was someone in the Algarve that filled any bottle, can't think where now ;) but google might know. :LOL:

But yes agree with Dave if your travelling outside or even in the UK
( because Calor rob you ) :eek: refillable bottles is the way to go, I first got them in 2007 thinking shall we or not they are expensive. :rolleyes: :LOL: Bob.

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
on the algarve near boliquieme or near quelfes or castro marime there are places that fill uk bottles . have found others on the west coast but havnt made a note of exactly where they are .
but keep asking around and you will find a place .

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You will get your bottle filled in Albufeira. I posted the address earlier this year. Will see if I can find it.

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
You will get your bottle filled in Albufeira. I posted the address earlier this year. Will see if I can find it.
going west from the football stadium there used to be one at albufeira . mind havnt used it for years . bet thats the place though.

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The pigtail required to fit a Jumbo Adaptor/Regulator is the same pigtail used in the UK that fits a Butane ie a 22.8 Left hand thread POL.

As this is the normal Adaptor used in Portugal/Spain you should have no difficulty in obtaining one from caravan/motorhome dealers.

I've also noticed that the OP is a long, long way from the Algarve so telling him about getting his UK bottle filled there is of not much use.

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I've also noticed that the OP is a long, long way from the Algarve so telling him about getting his UK bottle filled there is of not much use.

I don’t think it’s your decision to decide what I post is useful or not.

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Could I point out that I did not identify who's post was not useful.
I don’t think that’s really relevant if it was mine or not. Just because any post might not be useful to you does not mean it will not be useful for someone else. Now am not even going to reply to your not picking again.

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Could I point out that I did not identify who's post was not useful.
I don’t think that’s really relevant if it was mine or not. Just because any post might not be useful to you does not mean it will not be useful for someone else. Now am not even going to reply to your not picking again.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

David Henderson

Free Member
Nov 7, 2017
Funster No
I just want to say thank you to everyone for their help. We managed to hold on until we got down to Lagos and had our Calor Gas bottles filled up at Boliqume. 2 bottles for 7 euros. Excellent.
Hoping I can do the same in Spain if anyone has any advice.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back