Calculate Your Precise payload

A useful calculator, thank you!

No disrespect intended but this set me thinking that we talk a lot about payload but has any Funster been pulled over and been weighed in UK or Europe?
Surely it's less about being pulled over, risking fines and dumping gear, and more about knowing that you have a vehicle that's safely loaded, to handle correctly for the benefit of you, your passengers and other road users?
 
Useful indicator of what kitting out a van entails and how it impacts on your payload.
I had 430kg and used 192kg.
1 person and 2 dogs, 1 small 1 medium.
 
This tool looks very useful but when I decided to check my van, I took it to a weighbridge when setting off on a trip, so was loaded with most kit, I never thought to check it empty, but when we got back I weighed various items individually. Things I weighed were items I might travel without, but not down to the level of hi vis jackets, first aid kit and spare bulbs seperately, but weighed the box they were all in, as these are items that would always be carried. I know I am within my weights and if I buy any additional kit or swap things out, will weigh it at the time.
Currently if I carry the awning I have 46kg spare, at 3804kg, plated at 3850kg, with two of us and a dog, quarter a tank of water and fully fuelled.
The only issue I might have is if I ever have extra passengers.....
 
Last edited:
Great tool Jim, but since getting HY4s with weighing module, I just tinker about and weigh to my hearts content
 
I've just found the source of the spreadsheet I use, posted by Revolvor in resources in 2017, if anyone wants to try it.
 
I've just found the source of the spreadsheet I use, posted by Revolvor in resources in 2017, if anyone wants to try it.
I am glad you find it useful.

You have reminded that I haven't weighed the van for a while to "reset" the base figures in the spreadsheet. 🙂

HERE it is again, for those that haven't seen it.
 

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Log in

Already a member? Log in here.

Forum posts reflect the views of individual users and not MotorhomeFun.
MotorhomeFun does not endorse or verify user-generated content.

Back
Top