C1 licences - DVLA delays (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2014
Opposite the Needles
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
14 years
I sent my C1 application to DVLA 2 months ago and, somewhat unsurprisingly, have heard nothing since. DVLA received it the following day, so there's no issue there. I want to enquire as to what the progress/lack of is, but to do so I have to have a reference number, which of course, I don't have. We're looking to go abroad in October, so we have a potential problem - no doubt we're not alone!

Does anyone have any knowledge/experience/feedback on what the current situation is, or is likely to be with postal applications at the present time? I would like to think that with it being obvious that we're in for the long haul with CV, and Boris encouraging those who can to go into work, and those who can't to work at home, that they might be looking to get the civil service functioning at something like normal again, but I don't know if that's happening or not.

Also, would there, to anyone's knowledge, be any point trying to phone DVLA on the subject? I'm not going to spend time trying unless there is some hope of getting some sort of response.

Any comments gratefully received.

Doobray

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 22, 2014
Paisley, Renfrew, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2013
Sent mine in February with medical results from my doctor but as I'm diabetic I require a DVLA doctor but due to Covid they are not processing any C1's that require the DVLA medical until further notice.

DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Sent mine in February with medical results from my doctor but as I'm diabetic I require a DVLA doctor but due to Covid they are not processing any C1's that require the DVLA medical until further notice.

I am waiting for my C1 licence - didn't know holding your breath was part of getting it. :rolleyes:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Had a problem with changing the weight on my van earlier this year and only got it resolved by phone - you will be on hold for up to an hour but the staff are very helpful when you get to speak to them (y)

DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
So, recently I sent my C1 application form, medical, two photos and a £20 postal order (lost licence fee) off to the DVLA.

I have just heard that I will be issued with a licence - although it does not specify for what categories. Any bets C1 is missing.

The downside is, they need a photo and fee of £17.

Complete and utter incompetence. To say I am frustrated is an understatement. And I have 14 days to sort this out or they will consider that I don't want a licence. Really? What planet are they on? I have not had a reply to my letters since November last year. I can not wait to get the licence, I will have more confidence that I can complain without discrimination. Aaargh

Feb 28, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp
Hi what forms do I need for C1, 70 in July and in addition I have type 2 diabetes can my Doctor do the medical? Eye test from Specsavers 3 weeks ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi what forms do I need for C1, 70 in July and in addition I have type 2 diabetes can my Doctor do the medical? Eye test from Specsavers 3 weeks ago.
Forms D2 and D4. You can go on the DVLA website and order them and they will send them to you.

Edit you will need to get a retest of your eyes as that is part of the D4 form. Your doctor can do that as well, but some refuse and say you have to get an optician to do it.

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages

anybody prepared to send their loved one into this building to hurry up their application?

i may be wrong but I haven’t heard of any holdups with drivers that need their licence for a living

im on a yearly hgv licence, rang the Dvla before my renewal , waited about 15 mins ,enquired about my required medical , was told if my GP won’t do one , no problem just send the application back without the D4 and a covering note about my GP,,
three weeks later my new licence arrived

so I think their doing ok , considering the Covid circumstances

👍
Oh and I have just bought a brand new motorcycle ,, and the new log book came back in under two weeks

Last edited:

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I’ve just forwarded my daughter-in-law’s licence to her as she lives abroad and uses our address as her UK home address.
She applied to renew her licence online, took 10 days from application to dropping through our door. That was over Easter and during their strike.

Can’t complain at that. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back