C-Tourer bedroom TV wiring? (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
As per the title..
We are collecting our 2018 C-Tourer in 10 days or so, it's the I 149 with the Tv cabinet in the bedroom but no wiring to the cabinet. Dealer is new to Carthago, very helpful but not done that many "mods" thus far. The question is .... do any ducts / channels run behind the bathroom / over the roof from the bedroom o/s to above the fridge or under / between the double floor to the lounge?
I need to find a switched 12v feed and then split the TV signal feeding the lounge Tv and then leave a tail in the o/s front locker for a stand alone sat dish.
Thanks.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Sorry I can't help you but if your a memeber of the Carthago Club you could ask on there facebook group Im sure someone has done this before

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
There's a good feed from the lounge tv.
Through the false floor above the entrance step, under the fridge (remove the bottom drawer for easier access) which is actually the toilet hatch. This brings you into the wardrobe behind the toilet. From there decide where you want to position your tv. You can also run a 240v feed through here from the socket at the entrance door.
All very easy when you check out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
V
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
There's a good feed from the lounge tv.
Through the false floor above the entrance step, under the fridge (remove the bottom drawer for easier access) which is actually the toilet hatch. This brings you into the wardrobe behind the toilet. From there decide where you want to position your tv. You can also run a 240v feed through here from the socket at the entrance door.
All very easy when you check out.

Thanks for that, a great option. So does the toilet hatch give you access under the bathroom?

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
The left side of the toilet hatch is the bathroom but there is a void with enough room to run your cable through to the wardrobe. Remove the aluminium plate in the hatch for your wire run as it's easier.
To the right of the toilet is the back of the drawer at the bottom of the fridge.
Anything else just ask. Good luck but I'm sure you'll find it easy but be careful with the rough edges you cannot see.

OP
OP
V
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
The left side of the toilet hatch is the bathroom but there is a void with enough room to run your cable through to the wardrobe. Remove the aluminium plate in the hatch for your wire run as it's easier.
To the right of the toilet is the back of the drawer at the bottom of the fridge.
Anything else just ask. Good luck but I'm sure you'll find it easy but be careful with the rough edges you cannot see.
Thanks again. Not sure we have a drawer at the bottom of the fridge (van is currently 160 miles away) but pretty sure not. I figured the services would need to run somewhere! Looking forward to sorting it ;-) Cheers

OP
OP
V
Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
The dealer thinks no loom fitted, this is a Carthago so everything is an expensive option.. Ironically I did spec the rear Tv wiring when I was going to have a Malibu.. The foreman of the service department is checking his tech docs Monday to make sure the loom isn't fitted and hiding somewhere. I guess I will end up fitting the cables as the dealer won't take the time I will and I dislike "visible" cableing.
Most of my working life has been finding solutions to hide cable so not stressed by it, just need to find the voids. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back