C&MC Again (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I have just tried to make a booking on the “new and improved booking site”.

Entering the date of birth of the second family member meant trying various moves before I managed to do it, no explanation or guidance available of how to change from today’s date.

On reaching the payment page I was informed that my payment had not gone through. The last time this happened we found that it actually had gone through OK so we tried to ring them. We received a recorded message that they were unable to accept our call as they “were experiencing a large amount of calls at the moment”.

We selected the website agent chat facility. The Agent apologised and told us to ring the booking office number!

When we told him that there was no way to get through he gave us another number to ring. We rang with exactly the same result, no way to get an answer.

We will try again tomorrow but this is another family that are unlikely to renew their membership.

How can a business, (that’s what is now, not a members club), put themselves into such a position? We have been members for a total of 43 years and are now so pi££Ed off that we will are considering leaving.

By tomorrow I may have calmed down a bit, but I think it is time to draw our membership to a close.

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
I suspect many of their operators are still skiving from home!
Like the majority of office based businesses still.

45 minutes on hold to virgin money last month, for a 5 minutes conversation - grr

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I'm still with them but only for the CL's. I did try to update my caravan details with them online but it failed and I had to call them, I was told they had a large number of calls and would I like a callback, I opted for that and did actually get a call on about an hour.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I'm still with them but only for the CL's. I did try to update my caravan details with them online but it failed and I had to call them, I was told they had a large number of calls and would I like a callback, I opted for that and did actually get a call on about an hour.
No option of a callback for us. Just the recorded message that they couldn’t take our call. After the obligatory recorded message about “your call is ……”.

Feb 19, 2023
Leyland, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Excel 690L
Exp
Since August 2022
Their IT system is the most incompetent of any out there. This is our first year of being mobile after 7 years with a static … I won’t tell you how much we were paying .. but anyway…

I’m wondering if any other CAMC members have checked their previous bookings ? When I check and go into “view booking” each stay shows 1 night shorter than we actually stayed, not so bad for more than 1 night but the 1 night stay we made in January shows that we stayed for 0 nights at a rate of £infinity per night. Feel as though we were overcharged !

Although it was possible to view my membership card on the Android app initially it now doesn’t work but tells me to go the website which of course recommends using the app !

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989

Entering the date of birth of the second family member meant trying various moves before I managed to do it, no explanation or guidance available of how to change from today’s date.

On reaching the payment page I was informed that my payment had not gone through. The last time this happened we found that it actually had gone through OK so we tried to ring them. We received a recorded message that they were unable to accept our call as they “were experiencing a large amount of calls at the moment”.

We selected the website agent chat facility. The Agent apologised and told us to ring the booking office number!

When we told him that there was no way to get through he gave us another number to ring. We rang with exactly the same result, no way to get an answer.

We will try again tomorrow but this is another family that are unlikely to renew their membership.

How can a business, (that’s what is now, not a members club), put themselves into such a position? We have been members for a total of 43 years and are now so pi££Ed off that we will are considering leaving.

By tomorrow I may have calmed down a bit, but I think it is time to draw our membership to a close.
When my parents were members back in the 1960s it was a friendly & supportive place with services they trusted.

In my more recent experience they are at the other end of the continuum. I've never forgiven them for the snobby response from members and site wardens to our 20yr old Mercedes campervan.
We never worked out whether it was the age or the type of the vehicle (or the colour, it was sunflower yellow) but whatever, we had better things to do than try to find out & are very happy to have saved all the intervening years of 'membership' fees resultant from not joining...

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
As has been said recently. they seem to be happy that new membership has increased by 12%, but they should be more concerned about the number of long term members that will be, or have, already left.
Sad to hear that after all these months the website booking software glitches have not been ironed out, that is surely the best way to pee people off, and too much to expect them to hold on for ages just to check whether payment has been taken correctly or incorrectly.
Think about it, most on line purchases we make, send out a confirmation e mail with an order code, and list what you have purchased.
I am no longer a member but now they are taking deposits upfront, I hope they do send out confirmation in some form.:unsure:
Have we missed The CMC? Did they ask why we left after years... No not at all.
LES

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
I booked 5 nights on a local site recently, to just get away for the first time in ages.
Had to adjust it to 4 nights. Tried to amend it online, nightmare. Dropped 1 night ok, but when it came to the revised payment it had added an extra person and trying to charge me an extra £80+ for the privilege!!!!
Had to go through it another 2 or 3 times before it dropped it, but then it wouldnt let me complete the booking o_O. So I gave up and tried to ring. 3 times and it cut off after about 3 mins each time!!!
Gave up and rang back the following day.
Oh and they charged me £7.50 to amend it!
Whats happened to the 'club'. Just another faceless business now, more concerned with money and turnover than members/customers.
Another one who wont be renewing.

KD

Feb 8, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
I’m wondering if any other CAMC members have checked their previous bookings ? When I check and go into “view booking” each stay shows 1 night shorter than we actually stayed, not so bad for more than 1 night but the 1 night stay we made in January shows that we stayed for 0 nights at a rate of £infinity per night. Feel as though we were overcharged !
It wasn't my imagination then!!! The only thing was, in my case I noticed the 1 night short whilst making a booking, and kept going around in circles trying to make sure that I have got the start and end dates correct. App said the same thing. However, the price was correct for the number of days that I was trying to book, so just risked it (phone gone home for the day). Fortunately the PDF attachment with the booking confirmation e-mail can actually add up :)

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Loads of similar issues raised on Club forum, and I gather Facebook and Trust Pilot. If you want a reply from the Club, post on Trust Pilot. I don’t think their member ship numbers will drop that significantly. Plenty like us, mainly camp in uk, prefer small sites, keep membership for CLs We have joined the CCC this year for first time ever to see how it compares. Certainly price wise it is a lot cheaper for their club sites. We have a couple booked as part of a tour later in the year, with a mixture of sites, CLs, CS, aire, Brit stop.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I have booked a CL for a couple of weeks and I'm now looking for an overnight stop on the way, searching on the app but their map doesn't show road numbers or even motorways. I want somewhere not too far from the M1 but it's not possible to see that on the app

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Cancelled mine in January.. BUSBY.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Their IT system is the most incompetent of any out there. This is our first year of being mobile after 7 years with a static … I won’t tell you how much we were paying .. but anyway…

Although it was possible to view my membership card on the Android app initially it now doesn’t work but tells me to go the website which of course recommends using the app !
I complained about their awful booking system on trustpilot and received an extremely patronising response in return.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I have booked a CL for a couple of weeks and I'm now looking for an overnight stop on the way, searching on the app but their map doesn't show road numbers or even motorways. I want somewhere not too far from the M1 but it's not possible to see that on the app
Search for sites is my “go to” site nowadays

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
I complained about their awful booking system on trustpilot and received an extremely patronising response in return.
They don’t care what you think. They do seem to be on a downhill track, but it’ll be a while before they crash.

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
What a surprise. Post anything on their own actual website ( Club Together) and the silence is deafening. I, like many others, only retain membership for the CL network although recently quite a few of them seem to be chasing the CAMC ridiculous price increases.

May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
Two Camc sites last week, nightly prices circa £35. Three commercial sites £26-27, including restaurants, swimming pool etc. Hmm

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We rang direct to the site today. (Had to look it up on tinterweb thingy as the site guide only shows the main booking booking office number which is not available at the weekend) !😱

The lady warden at the site was excellent. Friendly, efficient and sympathetic to the problems we had experienced. However, the C&MC is becoming progressively unfriendly so I think enough is enough.

At one time the two main Clubs were the best way to find a site. however, Search for Sites, Camper Contact and BritStops etc have made them expensive, and in our opinion, redundant.

KD

Feb 8, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
It wasn't my imagination then!!! The only thing was, in my case I noticed the 1 night short whilst making a booking, and kept going around in circles trying to make sure that I have got the start and end dates correct. App said the same thing. However, the price was correct for the number of days that I was trying to book, so just risked it (phone gone home for the day). Fortunately the PDF attachment with the booking confirmation e-mail can actually add up :)
Just to add to this, when we checked in we were told that we needed to pay the balance, even after selecting the option to take it automatically on arrival date :-(. The Warden said that the system is working well for them, but not some customers - a recent stayer finding that she owed money for her 0 (zero) night stay...

We don't belong to the other club, but the one time so far that we have used one of their sites everything worked as it should...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back