Buying through brokerage? (1 Viewer)

Banjoblue

Free Member
Aug 27, 2017
Funster No
Hi guys

I'm seeing lots of vans advertised by brokers. Don't recall seeing that when looking for other vehicles. What are the pros and cons of dealing with a broker as a buyer?

thanks

BB

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I tried to view a few through motorhome depot... They were a nightmare

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Same! We traveled 200 miles to see a dirty van. A Comanche with 27 reading on damp meter. No HAB reports from new. No water ingress guarantee because they hadn't been kept to schedule. Rep says 'I only tell people what I'm told'
I travelled to see one only to be told on arrival that they had taken a deposit on it.
And another that they advertised and then the agent went on holiday for ten days so couldn't view it.
Gave up in the end.... I don't think the seller would be that impressed

Upvote 0
Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
I travelled to see one only to be told on arrival that they had taken a deposit on it.
And another that they advertised and then the agent went on holiday for ten days so couldn't view it.
Gave up in the end.... I don't think the seller would be that impressed
Lucky escape. I think.

Upvote 0
Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
So did we! Difference was. First hand knowledge of van. Full service and HAB check history. Van has HAB aircon, inverter Avtex TV in bedroom, Oyster sat tv system and loads of money lovingly spent on it. Cost a thousand more than lackadaisical motorhome depot effort. Strange but all the brokers seem to strip vans of Tv's and other extra's that have been added. Anyway glad you have the van you want and many happy miles and travels.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Banjoblue

Banjoblue

Free Member
Aug 27, 2017
Funster No
That's all really useful, thanks guys.

Upvote 0

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I rang a broker who turned out to be Motorhome Depot, to enquire about selling our Winnebago last year.
They weren't very fast in replying and when they did reply and ask for more information, they took over a week to follow it up.
Meanwhile, I put the RV on eBay on a Friday evening and had sold it by Saturday morning.

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I rang a broker who turned out to be Motorhome Depot, to enquire about selling our Winnebago last year.
They weren't very fast in replying and when they did reply and ask for more information, they took over a week to follow it up.
Meanwhile, I put the RV on eBay on a Friday evening and had sold it by Saturday morning.
You have sold it Allan. What have you got now?

Peter

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There is a guy who worked for motorhome depot, and now started up on his own and seems to do a good job , my son sold his van with him, set his own price and left him to it, must admit it took a couple of months but he eventually sold it at the price, if anyone is interested I could find out who he is .

Upvote 0

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
You have sold it Allan. What have you got now?

Peter
We needed to get something quickly as we would be living in it while in the UK so we bought Swift Royale. 20 years old and still going strong. Great van but we are looking for something a little bigger now to do a bit more serious touring in.
I won't be buying from a broker, unless Chaser sons guy is any good....

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back