Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Is now the right time to buy a motorhome or wait until the interest rates etc have effect on prices and sales especially now 65the good weather is over.?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
As above posts.

Life is too short to waste time, interest rates will only rise in the foreseeable future.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
I suspect mohos will be cheaper because of the end of summer season. Wait until spring and they should be worth more (Than now). However, who knows what dark times we will be heading into with interest rates and the need to dispose of assets.

If you’ve got the money and are financially resilient and you think you will use the moho before spring, then buy now🤔

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Years gone bye it was often said wait till the end of the camping season to buy and sell in spring..
Dont think that applies any longer, shortage of new vans means part exchanges have reduced so not so many vans about and used prices have risen, my dealer has offered me all my cash back on a van i bought 3 years ago.
New vans will only increase due to interest rates / exchange rates and parts shortages.

I like the comments about you cant buy time as it's very true.
If its the right van and you can afford it and its something you want then go for it and enjoy...

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Yes,buy now,enjoy it while you can!

I should inform you that I may not be impartial in giving you this advice………;)……….see my ad in classified section for our lovely Rapido that we are selling due to family commitments. ;);):giggle::giggle:

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
I admit that I have changed my mind on this.
I previously said the bubble is going to burst, prices just cant keep on rising, people will stop buying etc, etc.
Now with the shortage of new motorhomes, I cant see this happening until at least 2024.
We purchased a new motorhome last Nov. It was a 2021 model that the dealer had ordered for stock but had arrived late in the season.
The new price for this year was £10k more than what we paid.
I saw one advertised last week for delivery mid 2023 and it had increased by another £10K.
So a £20K increase in two years!
I would therefore also say buy now and enjoy it.

Nov 19, 2021
Nr Wigan, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
I honestly think more and more motorhomes are now used all year round so no longer a seasonal vehicle. Because of this, prices are less likely to drop at the end of the summer season.

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
Buy, buy, buy. For no sensible reason really other than the most important one, enjoyment.

Feb 27, 2022
Oldham, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Chatsworth
Exp
Caravanning for 20 years MH from 2022
I admit that I have changed my mind on this.
I previously said the bubble is going to burst, prices just cant keep on rising, people will stop buying etc, etc.
Now with the shortage of new motorhomes, I cant see this happening until at least 2024.
We purchased a new motorhome last Nov. It was a 2021 model that the dealer had ordered for stock but had arrived late in the season.
The new price for this year was £10k more than what we paid.
I saw one advertised last week for delivery mid 2023 and it had increased by another £10K.
So a £20K increase in two years!
I would therefore also say buy now and enjoy it.
We ordered ours in Feb 2022 at the NEC and we should take delivery in a couple of weeks. The price has increased by £14k in 7 months! Now at £71500!! We are seeing the same model a couple of years old being offered for sale at more than we are paying for new!!

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Agree with others,

if you see something you like and can afford it then get it.

Life is too short to miss out on memories that are made by using and enjoying your motorhome.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If buying new buy now but you may have to wait over a year for delivery, they will only go up in price.
Good second hand vans the prices are high and will probably stay that way. At the bottom end of the market prices may drop as their buyers are more lightly to be effected my inflation & interest rate rises.

Jul 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
They are only going up in price so if you want one buy one

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
They are only going up in price so if you want one buy one
Not according to some on here🤷‍♂️🤔

Jul 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Not according to some on here🤷‍♂️🤔
Yep I posted on that too 🤣
I look every day as waiting for one in order
They seem to be getting dearer still to me not cheaper
Seeing 3 year old ones same as what I will pay new

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
If I see a lovely pair of boots or a handbag I fancy and can afford, I don’t worry about whether or not I will save money by waiting and buying it next year, I might be dead. If I want a new van and can afford one and was lucky enough to see the one I wanted I’d buy the damn thing and not worry about next year. I’ve never seen a crystal ball that worked.

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
If you want new as others have said it's going to be well over a year in the making. So second hand would be my choice with a deposit placed on a new one awaiting it's eventual arrival!

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Seeing 3 year old ones same as what I will pay new
You pay a premium on 2 or 3 year old ones because the PO has saved you the costs, loss of use and frustration from sorting out all the faults from when it was brand new.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back