Butlins Minehead. (1 Viewer)

S

suedi_55

Deleted User
If I was to organise a rally at Butlins in Minehead sometime next year, would anyone be interested?
I ran one a few months back and it went down well!
The rally field is at the back of the site and once there you could be anywhere!!
Price will include entertainment passes, hook-up, showers, dogs, etc in 1 unit with up to 4 occupants.
As a guide, we paid £41 for 4 nights per unit. School holidays would be more expensive!! (price depends on what time of year).
If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. (nice ones only please):Smile:
Site opens for rally field in April, closes in October.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Suedi

We were hoping to attend your last rally at Butlins, Minehead, but as I explained to you at Warren Farm last week the dates just did't fit in for us. We will definitely be interested if you hold a rally next year, hopefully the dates will be O.K. this time round.

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
I would be interested but not sure if hubby would drive that far, would have to workon him a bit:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Suedi

We would love to, but would be governed by school holidays because of the distance I am afraid.

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
yes definately interested.....why not!!:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Great Idea, the kids would love it. Not tied to school hols so flexible with the date. Choose a date and put it in the diary. ::bigsmile:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Suedi
This sounds like a great plan and I think it will be very popular. Can I ask if the last time you did this did you need a Defra certificate or is that cover provided by Butlins as they are a commercial organisation?

Keith

W

warrior1690

Deleted User
yes one here interested i just love that part of the world,and i will get to ride on the west somerset railway.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Me to as long as their rally site is suitable for RV's weight wise.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

suedi_55

Deleted User
Butlins date!!

Ok. If anyone is interested in Butlins, Minehead, here are the dates and prices. I need to know of interest asap as Butlins will not hold pitches for long!!

FRIDAY 20TH JUNE - MONDAY 23RD JUNE = £53
MONDAY 23RD JUNE - FRIDAY 27TH JUNE = £45
FRIDAY 20TH JUNE - FRIDAY 27TH JUNE = £89

Price is per pitch inc up to 4 persons, up to 4 small dogs, awning, e/h/u, 1 small car, and all the usual site facillities.
Price also includes funpass ticket to Butlins entertainment.
We need a min of 10 per duration to get these prices.
There is room for 2 RV`s on the Fri-Mon date and 1 Mon-Fri (if less than 25ft).

I will need payment up front in the form of a cheque for the duration you are interested in asap.

Please let me know if you are definately interested.

Mark breen

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
Ok. If anyone is interested in Butlins, Minehead, here are the dates and prices. I need to know of interest asap as Butlins will not hold pitches for long!!

FRIDAY 20TH JUNE - MONDAY 23RD JUNE = £53
MONDAY 23RD JUNE - FRIDAY 27TH JUNE = £45
FRIDAY 20TH JUNE - FRIDAY 27TH JUNE = £89

Price is per pitch inc up to 4 persons, up to 4 small dogs, awning, e/h/u, 1 small car, and all the usual site facillities.
Price also includes funpass ticket to Butlins entertainment.
We need a min of 10 per duration to get these prices.
There is room for 2 RV`s on the Fri-Mon date and 1 Mon-Fri (if less than 25ft).

I will need payment up front in the form of a cheque for the duration you are interested in asap.

Please let me know if you are definately interested.

Hi we would be very keen to come but our rv is 33' long.
If they can accommodate us where do send the money?
:thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Check the field before you go

Hi

I dont want to put a damper on this but could I suggest someone near to butlins minehead checks out the touring field before you book. When we were there just over a year ago the field was in a terrible condition, the toilet block was disgusting, and we couldnt see any electric hook ups.

They could do so much with the field.

Good luck !!!

OP
OP
S

suedi_55

Deleted User
In reply to the last post, I would like to say that I ran another motorhome rally last year in July and am shocked at what has been said.
Ok, the toilet/shower block is not the best, but we had no complaints!! There are ample hook-ups, and the rally field itself was clean cut and tidy (although the surrounding area could do with a "face lift"!!
But let me remind you, what you are mainly paying for is for the use of Butlins if you so need it. Once in the rally field though, you could be anywhere!!!! The main Butlins complex is a little walk away as the rally field is set at the very rear. The only noise you hear is from the steam train that runs along side the rally field, and the cockeralls in the next field.
For those who might be wondering what might happen on this rally, here is a few things you might like to know.
This will be a do as you please rally. You will recieve on arrival from me, your Butlins passes to use at your leisure.
The only thing that will be a joint event will be a morning get together sometime during your stay, for coffee and biscuits (i supply the biscuits)::bigsmile:, where a draw will take place, but no pressure!
Going on last years rally, we had an unplanned BBQ where we all shared BBQ`S, food, drink etc, and fun was had by all, for those who wanted to join in.
And also on one evening a few of us went to see a show together.
Minehead town is a little walk away along the sea front, where there are all the usual high street shops and food and drink outlets. There is also a weekly market up the road.
Sorry, but 25 feet is the max for an RV, but there could be the space if you booked 2 pitches?

Sue.

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Sue

Why would Butlins charge for two pitches for anything over 25 feet?

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
reply to Suedi-55

Hi Sue

Sounds like they must have improved it. I really hope they have.

Hope you have a fantastic time.

xxxxx

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Hi Sue

In the beginning you said "next year" i assumed you meant 2009. You are now quoting June ? This or next year.

The only reason I ask is that this year my son in law has used all his annual leave, so that we can go touring. However if it was Next year we would love to join you.

Don

OP
OP
S

suedi_55

Deleted User
Hi Sue

Why would Butlins charge for two pitches for anything over 25 feet?

Well, Butlins have said that the max length for an RV is 25 feet, but I am saying that if you have a larger RV, you could use 2 pitches as long as you pay for both.

OP
OP
S

suedi_55

Deleted User
Hi Sue

In the beginning you said "next year" i assumed you meant 2009. You are now quoting June ? This or next year.

The only reason I ask is that this year my son in law has used all his annual leave, so that we can go touring. However if it was Next year we would love to join you.

Don

Yes I did say next year. But I started the thread back in Sept last year::bigsmile: It is June this year.
Sue.

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Well, Butlins have said that the max length for an RV is 25 feet, but I am saying that if you have a larger RV, you could use 2 pitches as long as you pay for both.

Ok thanks.

Is this the same rally/meet that is advertised on the 'other' forum?

hereford bull

Free Member
Jan 18, 2008
HEREFORD
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
6 YRS
went to butlins about 2yrs ago with a 39 ft knight and a 36ft vacationer they parked us on some empty concrete static pitches nr the touring field not a problem might be worth asking

philby

Free Member
Mar 24, 2009
birmingham
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 09
yes sounds like a great rally i think there should be more like this great for kids with all the entertainment whilst getting to also meet up and have fun and meet when you have date let me know and i will be there thanks cant wait phil

philby

Free Member
Mar 24, 2009
birmingham
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 09
hi interested in 23-27 june to whom do i make cheque out to and when thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.