Burstner Table Design alternations (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2023
Leicestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Hello,

After viewing a number of MH I'm liking the Burstner, and have viewed a few we really like.

All we viewed had a dinning table with a fixed post, can this post be swooped out for a telescopic one, so you could then turn the dinning area into another sleeping area if you wish. I understand I might need a good carpenter to make me a new table top as I wouldn't want to modify the exsiting on to fit.

As anyone done this?

Thank you
Mark

enark

Free Member
Oct 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner
Hi Mark,

i think i have the same table, and whilst they do make a differing version that can be lowered and thus make up a seperate bed, the problem is getting hold of one….

AFAIK, Burstner wont supply spares from newer vans as they need them all for their build programme.

guess the supplier could be found, but my sprekkenze deutch limitations have held me back…only lived their for six years so shame on me!!

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
Available on eBay do a search

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
marky7seven
Oct 25, 2023
Leicestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Thank you, I think there will be something you can do. I'm sure there might be more aftermarket stuff like this. Its not a must, just a nice to have to give more options as the kids get older.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
On our older Burstner van, the table comes with two legs, a tall "scranning" leg and a short "kipping" one !

Oct 25, 2022
Infinity and beyond
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo I 726
Exp
A very long time
Hello,

After viewing a number of MH I'm liking the Burstner, and have viewed a few we really like.

All we viewed had a dinning table with a fixed post, can this post be swooped out for a telescopic one, so you could then turn the dinning area into another sleeping area if you wish. I understand I might need a good carpenter to make me a new table top as I wouldn't want to modify the exsiting on to fit.

As anyone done this?

Thank you
Mark
Did you get any further with your investigations? I’ve looked at similar and found a few telescopic legs from suppliers in Germany. The ones I’ve looked at have 6 floor fixings -screws but my leg only has 4 so I’m reluctant to go any further. I’m guessing these are rivnuts into the double floor as I can’t see anything under the van. The most likely to do the swap would be the Lippert Cosmo 2. This looks to have an identical mechanism at the top for the sliding function.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back