• Well done, you found us. THIS IS THE NEW SERVER

Burstner Harmony line garage floor (1 Viewer)

Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Had anyone who has a relatively new Burstner Harmony Line ever tried to drill through the garage floor? We have a 22 plate LyseoTD680G. The garage floor appears to be some kind of panel (not metal or treadplate). I want to drill through so I can fix my Scooter carrier to the floor with bolts (plan on having some aluminium plates on the bottom side of the floor to spread the load). I just want to know if there is a likelihood of any electrical cables running through the floor if it turn out to be a sandwich with a void between. Unfortunately, Burstner are a bit evasive with an answer, telling me to go to a dealer. A bit frustrating when the nearest dealer is miles away and I can do the job myself. If it's just a panel then no problem but obviously concerned about drilling through something I shouldn't. Do we think your average sensor for detecting pipes and cables in walls might work effectively?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If its like the Hymers they are a GRP sandwich with a polystyrene core.
Unlikely to be any cables in it, if you look underneath the van you will probably find all the lighting cables under there.

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Just a thought, but could you not just attach your scooter rack to the metal sheet that is the tight fit to your area, and then lay that on the floor without fixing through. That is what I’ve done with our two EBikes.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
andyelbac
Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
I did think about that but I still think a more secure fitting is required. We looked at purchasing two electric bikes a while ago and if I recall they came on at about 30kg each; so say around 66/68kgs with a bike rack. Our Scooter and rack come in at 130kg. My worry with your suggestion would be in the event of a sudden deceleration. We would be really peeved if we survived a head on crash only to meet our maker a split second later through our Honda attempting to take an unexpected piggy!😁 back

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back