• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Burstner Aviano i739G or Elegancei800 (1 Viewer)

Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Has anyone seen either of these anywhere for sale? The i739G seems to be like gold dust and the i800 at approx 70-75k for 2015 seem to be available but nothing a little older. With so many sites around the country it's hard to track them down. Any good recommendations of good dealers or a broker who can source a specific Motorhome would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Wendy

OP
OP
Wendles
Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
These are the vans that have either a transverse with the layout we have been looking at or an island bed that might be long enough with a bolster and still able to get out of bed and around the outside. As people have been saying research is key to make sure you don't buy the wrong van and months of research so far are leading us to these or something similar with the same quality.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
There are 2 older i800s on eBay: a 2012 that now has ‘sale agreed’ against it and a 2010.

OP
OP
Wendles
Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks- the broker has said they are waiting for viewing this weekend but you never know. I will take a look at the one on eBay- we did find one but the seller seems to have ratings for completely unrelated things like £10 knife sets and after reading the buying a Motorhome guide I'm not sure why they are suddenly selling a very expensive Motorhome not related to their normal business. After searching the forum I'm nervous of scams- don't want. To dash our dreams before we have even started the engine.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
most of the scams on ebay etc will involve you sending money without seeeing the van also dont be rushed by people saying if you dont rush it will be sold theres always another one coming along
once you see a van in the flesh you can then exercise due dilligence with hpi checks etc

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I'm not sure why they are suddenly selling a very expensive Motorhome not related to their normal business. After searching the forum I'm nervous of scams- don't want. To dash our dreams before we have even started the engine.
Could just be their own motorhome. I sold mine on eBay and I only normally sell a few bits and pieces. The ad is not very descriptive and I would certainly be asking a lot of questions before going to view, but if it’s near you it might be a useful experience to give it the once over anyway.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
There are quite a few Carthago listed on eBay that may be suitable alternatives?

OP
OP
Wendles
Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for another perspective- we will have a proper look and consider it. The Carthagos do seem to be made well and they have a good sized transverse so we will look on eBay as well.

OP
OP
Wendles
Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks I was speaking to a really helpful chap there a week ago before I knew about these models. I will give him a call.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Not all scams on eBay ask for money without viewing.
I nearly got caught out on a 'quick sale' whereby they were happy for me to go and view. The only thing that made me suspicious was that the motorhome was to be viewed in storage and they wanted to meet me at the storage venue where as I had asked to view the motorhome at their home - with a view to getting them to plug into electric so that I could see everything working.
On their hesitation to this, I did a hpi check and was told to not buy it, followed by the finance company then calling me to tell me that they owned the motorhome and the seller had borrowed against the finance on a number of occasions. Fortunately, the police caught up with the scammers.

However, I wouldn't let the scammers put you off from buying from eBay.
The majority of private sellers are genuine and may only use their eBay accounts to buy the odd bits & pieces but then decide to try their luck with selling their motorhome on there - it's only like using Auto Trader.
The genuine seller will know everything about their motorhome/what everything does and how it works etc. and unless they have a rush of buyers, will not pressure you into a deposit.
You can check the vehicle reg, VIN No. (hpi), tax & MOT and potentially service history all online (service history by checking who carried out the MOT's and phoning them to verify) prior to handing over any money.

I was put off buying privately but on reflection, buying from a dealer to get the warranty wasn't worth the paper it was written on because when I did make what I considered a genuine warranty claim, the dealer didn't want to know.

You're right with doing your homework on the layout - just continue your homework with the buying side of things prior to transferring your cash.

OP
OP
Wendles
Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks- I really appreciate the different insights into this. Considering the cost involved there is a lot at stake and I would rather be more cautious and not live to regret it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back