Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 13, 2021
Wareham, UK
Funster No
MH
weinsberg 650
Exp
since 2000
sorry if this has been asked before but any idea what to do about spare lighting and fuses kits for travel in europe in my weinsberg carcore 650 meg, similar to knaus. when i had a renault master devon conversion it had light bulbs, easy,but i think this van has led. tried a couple of main dealers but you just as well piss in your hat and punch it

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Don't bother.
If they are LEDs it's unlikely they will blow but if they should you won't be changing them at the roadside, that's why carrying bulb kits was scrapped.
Majority of drivers wouldn't know an LED from a Cornish pasty let alone how to change one .
If you still want spares they aren't cheap.
I just paid £80 for four LED headlamp bulbs to replace the feeble halogens on my car.

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'd just take an old spare bulb kit for any vehicle I have never been asked to show one and it's very unlikely one of the LEDs would fail.
Don't bother.
If they are LEDs it's unlikely they will blow but if they should you won't be changing them at the roadside, that's why carrying bulb kits was scrapped.
Majority of drivers wouldn't know an LED from a Cornish pasty let alone how to change one .
If you still want spares they aren't cheap.
I just paid £80 for four LED headlamp bulbs to replace the feeble halogens on my car.
Were the LEDs road legal I thought the halogen replacement ones were still not approved?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H
Oct 13, 2021
Wareham, UK
Funster No
MH
weinsberg 650
Exp
since 2000
thanks, i would,nt know what they are or how to get into the light to mend it, as the rest of the vehicle is led i just assume. i will get some fuses and hope for the best,cheers

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Were the LEDs road legal I thought the halogen replacement ones were still not approved?
No, they aren't legal.
Though my bro, an MOT tester, said as long as the beams are set to requirements chances are the tester couldn't give a monkeys.
Strangely, the box the LEDs came in had a CE marking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I'd just take an old spare bulb kit for any vehicle I have never been asked to show one and it's very unlikely one of the LEDs would fail.

They are not but mine have passed 2 MOT's with them.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
All the road lights on my 13 year old motorhome are now LED except the headlights and direction indicators. I do carry a spare of each type, and they are quite easy to access and replace if necessary. A more modern vehicle might be a different matter.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
All the road lights on my 13 year old motorhome are now LED except the headlights and direction indicators. I do carry a spare of each type, and they are quite easy to access and replace if necessary. A more modern vehicle might be a different matter.
My Hymer if the front indicator or DRL fails it's a new headlamp unit at £900.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My Hymer if the front indicator or DRL fails it's a new headlamp unit at £900.
That's progress for you. I do have an extra pair of headlight units for righthand dip for foreign use. Cost me the princely sum of £60 though a few quid more for replacing the sidelight bulb with LED and the headlight bulbs with souped up Osram thingies.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back