Bron Y Wendon Touring Park, Llanddulas (1 Viewer)

GrandmaLiz

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
Funster No
[FONT=&quot]Chose this site because it advertised wi-fi access and seemed to have the basic amenities we wanted. Stayed here for 2 nights. Explained before booking that computer access was very important and told we would be sited on a pitch that would pick up their wireless signal. However, not only were we unable to get a signal in our motorhome, the on-site ‘club room’ signal was useless. Other people trying to use this facility had the same problems.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When we arrived we were asked if we had an awning, to which I replied that we had a ‘sun-canopy’ not full awning but that it was so windy we were very unlikely to use it. We were told not to pitch it on the grass if we did put it up. We didn’t use the sun-canopy but were still charged £2 per night. I was not told when we booked that there was an additional charge for it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On departure I voiced my dissatisfaction to the manager/owner about the lack of wireless computer access and the charge for the sun-canopy. I was totally amazed that he didn’t believe me and, after some discussion, asked if my partner would demonstrate what I was talking about regarding the wi-fi in the club-room. We proceeded to do this and proved that the wireless access was unusable.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I asked for a refund for the sun-canopy charge and was told he would have to speak to his staff next day.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I had no apology for the computer issue. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Whilst I appreciate that anyone or any business can make mistakes, have things which don’t work etc. good management practice is to listen to one’s customers politely, accept what they are saying as true (until one can demonstrate otherwise) and certainly not argue disbelievingly. Frankly, I was (and remain) appalled and insulted by his attitude.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shower blocks very clean but too cold to take a shower.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Waste disposal facilities didn’t cater for motorhomes (i.e. no ‘drive over’ drain).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Charged for dogs (2) although there were no on-site facilities for them and I felt unsafe at night when I had to go off-site to walk them.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Some sand beyond the rocks but we couldn’t see how to get down there safely.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The site was expensive and offered little value for money, I will not return. :Angry:
[/FONT]

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
welcome to the frustrating/fun life of the motorhomer Liz.

luckily not all sites are like the one you experienced.

to be charged for a wind out awning and for the dogs without any facilities for walking them is a bit below the belt in my book and smacks of greed more than anything,

the main point is you wont be returning there anytime soon so they loose out financialy in the long run.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Perhaps you should put this in the review section.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
Not only she will not be going back pappajohn.
I have taken note of the site and it is one which I will avoid in the future until I hear different.
That's what makes this site soooooooo good.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We have been to this site a number of times and have always enjoyed our stay.

We didnt need WIFI so I cant comment.

We have had our mh awning out with no extra charge. The site toilets and showers are very clean with plenty of hot water.

It is an expensive site and I would agree with you that the site manager is not the most pleasant of people, I have had occasion to have a few words with him concerning his attitude.

There is the main A55 at the top of the site and a busy rail line at the bottom of the site. Tbh neither of these bothered us.

Just a two minute walk away from the site is a nice pub where you can get a good pint and a nice meal. There is a bus stop by the pub with buses running every ten minutes up and down the coast.

There are plenty of walks, if you walk down to the rocky beach you can then wander off toward Colwyn Bay and Rhoss on Sea or the other way toward Prestatyn (spelling) . Or have a walk down the riverside its lovely in the sunshine.

I woudnt not go there again just for the sake of doing without a computer and putting up with the site manager.

Its in an ideal location for wandering around and the facilities (showers, toilets) are fine if not very good.

We would definatley go back there.

Cheers

Jim
:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back