Brittany in March/April (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We are thinking of popping over for a few weeks. Can anyone (@FIDGET? @DBK?) recommend 'good' aires right by the coast please?

I prefer free but happy to pay, we don't need 'full facilities' either. I know it's out of season so maybe not all open. We prefer rural/scenic/wild etc and no real need for shops/cafes/restaurants etc but like plenty of walking/cycling/fishing and all that outdoor stuff :D2

I accept that this is all a matter of personal taste but if any one could list their favourites or recommendations I would be much obliged (y)

Lastly I know I could 'trawl' through loads of previous threads but at the moment I am a bit busy in DIY on son and DIL's new house.

@FIDGET and @DBK I have always thought of you two as 'Brittany Experts' (y) care to comment?

Many thanks in advance

Grahame

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Oh, yes I have Camper Contact and of course could simply pluck one out and go .......... but I want to avoid the whole business of trial and error and go direct to the really good one's! hehe

Deleted User
Any of the Aire's on the Presqu'ile de Guerande, Le Croisic, La Turballe, Piriac Sur Mer. Some superb coastal ones, mostly pay but some have machines disabled out of season, lots of cycle tracks, coastal walks. Not strictly in the administrative Brittany but locals consider themselves Breton.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have used some of the Camping-car Park sites in Brittany and they are good but not free. There is one on the coast near Roscoff at Cleder which is in a pretty remote spot right behind the beach and with good walking along the coastal path. On the south side there is another CCP one at Loctudy on the edge of a small town. Their website isn't easy to use but there is an interactive map.
You need to join them but you can do this at almost all of their sites. You buy a card from a machine and pre-load it with money from your credit card. The machines speak English. :)
They have other sites further south but off the top of my head I can't remember which ones I've used other than one at Penestine which is one of their cheapest as it has no services of any kind - just a place to park but at the right time of the year it does have mushrooms growing in the grass. Coastal path also beside it.

lrm_export_574687024038_20181023_180757055-jpeg.263177

Edit: Just remembered we used the CCP site near Mont St Michael at Le Vivier Sur Mer. Ten euros a night but a good seafood restaurant in a shed nearby and a shop attached to it so you can buy mussels as we did and cook them yourself.
A little further west is CC11698 which from memory is free :) and again has walking opportunities.

Our most recent trip through Brittany starts on page 2 here and page 9 has the return: https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/two-go-back-in-time.182641/page-2#post-2996391
The first place we stayed at is a campsite but it is a very good one because of location, restaurant and mussel buying opportunities but it may not be open until later this year. (Edit: their website says it will open the end of March. https://www.camping-du-port-22.com/...dates-et-horaires-d-ouverture-du-camping.html) There are a few aires around this part just east of Roscoff and again from memory I haven't found a duff one. :)

Last edited:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Depends on your crossing point, but if Cherbourg, then I noted that Barfleur or St Vaast (out near lighthouse red dot) would make good first or last night stopovers when we were there in our MG last year.
2FBD0F15-FC0E-4AED-A9A5-476736ECB85C.png

F33424F4-FDDE-4D9E-9A21-FA700A63D913.jpeg

9F9C1EE5-3213-45D2-8962-EE1B0FB6C855.png

Reactions: DBK
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi @Chockswahay ,
We don't do a lot of coastal aires but here's some we have done plus some inland ones by water.
all camper contact
63051 basic car park with seaviews , long walk down & back to beach free
1185 La plouha room for about 20 , 100yrds to beach free
1262 small aire behind town hall 150 yrds to fab beach free
1198 caramet sur mer 400 yrds to cliff top veiw fab then long walk to beach or old fort 6euros incl ehu
when on your way or way back nice car park 48.258369 -4.554874 free great beach
1193 parking on sandy terraces ( care not to get stuck in) 7.2 euros
2131 aire on headland beautiful rugged cliffs & walks 15 euro's
we didn't stay over night just parked at a cost cant remember how much , we stopped free at 3477.
22831 out on the rugged coast road bit rural but nice beach a lot of surfing free
42982 brambel @ piriac sur mer gets busy lovely spot across the road to beach 6 euros
41134 st cast le guildo cliff top location over looking harbour 7 euro
now some inland
1172 Treguier nice riverside aire free no services
1221 Locronan beautiful village bit touristy aire 9.62 euro with ehu , we didn't stop overnight but did day visit
19864 v.rural canalside aire with toilet , but we use the parking area on opp side of road down a lane .
24578 Tinteniac canalside 4 euro nice
1169 St Thegonnec nice aire & town
11402 Fougere nice castle & town free
24378 Malestroit riverside aire not much but river walks nice
25229 La Cheze by small resevoir 4 euro weekdays w/end free incl some ehu
21152 Bourg Blanc nice lakeside aire free
22640 nice small lakeside aire facilaties payable up in village

Thats some to be going on with
but I suggest checking out the reveiws don't just go by me !!
check out my thread Brittanyfpor 4 weeks FLT
Terry

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hi @Chockswahay ,

Thats some to be going on with
but I suggest checking out the reveiws don't just go by me !!
check out my thread Brittanyfpor 4 weeks Fork Lift Truck
Terry

Wow! Thanks Terry. What a comprehensive list, you have gone beyond the call of duty! (y) I shall have a close look at those :D2

Grahame

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
You can stop overnight at Port Erin near Cherbourg, we went in the car but it would a nice place to stop.
Parking is just out of shot on the left.
FC19A738-A06F-4B49-A24D-39ED63EE3649.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back