Brake pads fitted near Girona, Spain (1 Viewer)

Jammel1980

Free Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hockley
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Top Driver 68
Exp
We are in need of replacement brake pads and are currently near Girona, Spain.
Does anyone Know where we can get these fitted? Any garages / mechanics you can recommend?
We are on our way to the south of France, so if it’s not too far we might be able to wait till then.

Oh and we have a 1998 Fiat Ducato.
Thanks in advance

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Brake replacemt places are common in Spain
Look out for FRENOS ( Spanish for Brakes)

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Just Google for any branches of NorAuto or Feu Vert convenient to you, and just turn up there. They fit whilst you wait.
They are broadly like Kwik fit.

The brake pads on your Fiat Ducato are an absolute piece of cake to change. Maybe 15 minutes per side.
Price to supply and fit should be maybe 100 euros ish including IVA (VAT)

In Spanish brake pads are "pastillas de frenos".

"Please can you change the brake pads" is in Spanish "Puedes cambiar las pastillas de frenos por favor"

OP
OP
Jammel1980

Jammel1980

Free Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hockley
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Top Driver 68
Exp
Just Google for any branches of NorAuto or Feu Vert convenient to you, and just turn up there. They fit whilst you wait.
They are broadly like Kwik fit.

The brake pads on your Fiat Ducato are an absolute piece of cake to change. Maybe 15 minutes per side.
Price to supply and fit should be maybe 100 euros ish including IVA (VAT)

In Spanish brake pads are "pastillas de frenos".

"Please can you change the brake pads" is in Spanish "Puedes cambiar las pastillas de frenos por favor"

Exactly the help and advice we needed!
Thank you very much!

Jul 21, 2015
Lymm, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Toleno r
Exp
Since Oct 2014
get it done in spain..prices in france will be 20% more

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jammel1980

Jammel1980

Free Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hockley
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Top Driver 68
Exp
ALL done ✅
We got them fitted in Spain by Norauto, IMO they were a bit pricey but we needed them so we had no choice.
Thanks for all the help. (y)

OP
OP
Jammel1980

Jammel1980

Free Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hockley
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Top Driver 68
Exp
Haven’t got the receipt to hand but the total cost was €150 for brake fluid change, front pads and fitting.
The first price they gave me for pads and fitting only was an estimate of €190, I said “no thanks, take the wheels off get the part No. and give me an exact price, please” it then came down to €150 and took them around 2hours from start to finish.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Haven’t got the receipt to hand but the total cost was €150 for brake fluid change, front pads and fitting.
The first price they gave me for pads and fitting only was an estimate of €190, I said “no thanks, take the wheels off get the part No. and give me an exact price, please” it then came down to €150 and took them around 2hours from start to finish.

Just as well you didn't need the job doing in Norway like we did last summer....1 jammed caliper, replaced, pads on front, replaced......£800.....couldn't make it back to Spain on this occasion.....The pleasures of Motorhoming........

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years

So the total price, including VAT was 150 euros, and for that they supplied the new brake pads, they removed the old pads, ordered in and fitted the new ones, AND they also supplied new brake fluid, changed your brake fluid and they bled the whole braking system. The total work took a technician 2 hours.

135 quid for all of that, with their group guarantee valid at any branch all across Europe and you actually reckon that's a bit steep?

OP
OP
Jammel1980

Jammel1980

Free Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hockley
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Top Driver 68
Exp
So the total price, including VAT was 150 euros, and for that they supplied the new brake pads, they removed the old pads, ordered in and fitted the new ones, AND they also supplied new brake fluid, changed your brake fluid and they bled the whole braking system. The total work took a technician 2 hours.

135 quid for all of that, with their group guarantee valid at any branch all across Europe and you actually reckon that's a bit steep?

Yeah I do! But it’s a normal reaction for an ex vehicle mechanic (albeit quite a few years ago), as I could of carried out the work myself if I was back in the UK at a fraction of the cost.
We left the UK in a hurry to escape the weather, so although I feel it was over priced I was still happy to pay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back