Boxer Ignition Key not Working (1 Viewer)

Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
Following an engine repair the electronic element of my ignition key is not working. This is probably coincidental. It is totally dead. I had assumed it was a flat fob battery so changed it but that made no difference.

The key still works fine in the door lock in that it operates the central locking. I don't want to spend a fortune getting it repaired but wondered if there are any tricks to reset it in some way.

IMG_20240109_140320.jpg

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Probably just needs pairing with the ECU. Have a search on the web, best I can suggest is tap your heels together and say there is no place like home, I'll get my coat.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Might be because they had the cab battery disconnected while they did the "engine repair" ?
As Clive says, try a re-pairing the fob to the vehicle ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Thornebt
Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
I tried two internet methods of pairing the key but neither worked.

I've got the van booked in at an auto electricians next month who have done a lot of work on repairing my Webasto heater so I'll ask them if they can easily do it.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I too have tried unsuccessfully to repair my Peugeot key fob. Can drive the van activate the central locking with key in driver’s side but the remote facility has gone. Replaced the batteries as well. Hope that if you find a solution, you’ll post it here.

OP
OP
Thornebt
Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
I too have tried unsuccessfully to repair my Peugeot key fob. Can drive the van activate the central locking with key in driver’s side but the remote facility has gone. Replaced the batteries as well. Hope that if you find a solution, you’ll post it here.
Following my vehicle battery charge running low I disconnected the battery negative terminal to connect the charger. After a couple of hours charging I tried the key fob and the central locking is now working!

So maybe disconnecting the battery earth terminal can get the key fob working again. I'll be interested to know if it fixes your central locking problem Ingwe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Following my vehicle battery charge running low I disconnected the battery negative terminal to connect the charger. After a couple of hours charging I tried the key fob and the central locking is now working!

So maybe disconnecting the battery earth terminal can get the key fob working again. I'll be interested to know if it fixes your central locking problem Ingwe.
I’ll give it a try when we’re parked up in Spain for a month. Will post back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back