Boxer Aerial Is Doing My Stack (1 Viewer)

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Do you know I thought I resolved my problem but must have just been in a good area,

I put a fairly expensive aerial on the qtr panel of the van, made a copper ground plane so it reflects like good aerials but still no good signal. I cant believe that its down to the shadow of the cab.

Ive run a coax from the status and thats no better however it may be the status is not the newer DAB type.

Some of the Burnster vans have a whip on the pillar

Who knows,,,, does anyone have a solution that works

I feel this may drive me to more drink:beer:

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Boxer radio

We have an Elddis 120 on a Boxer. Every Peugeot we have ever owned has had a rubbish radio, I don't know if it's the radio, aerial or vehicle which is to blame. So we have resigned ourselves to either listening to Radio 2 or no radio at all. AM produces the sort of sound you would expect Voyager to hear on the other side of the universe !
Please let me know if you reach a satisfactory conclusion to the problem, as long as it's not too technical and can be fixed by a light hammer.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I swapped my Peugeot radio for a Kenwood set with Bluetooth and iPod connection, it was about £70, worked well and an easy swap, you lose the steering wheel control for the radio unless you fit a rather expensive adaptor kit, which I didn't find necessary. The main point was the reception was first class:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Can you fit an aerial on the roof? My Van ( Boxer based) has a small fin type aerial and reception is pretty good. We get Radio 4 in Northern France quite easily.
Allan

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Can you fit an aerial on the roof? My Van ( Boxer based) has a small fin type aerial and reception is pretty good. We get Radio 4 in Northern France quite easily.
Allan

That's a long way to go to listen to the radio:roflmto:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I swapped my Peugeot radio for a Kenwood set with Bluetooth and iPod connection, it was about £70, worked well and an easy swap, you lose the steering wheel control for the radio unless you fit a rather expensive adaptor kit, which I didn't find necessary. The main point was the reception was first class:thumb:

That's interesting, our Ducato radio keeps losing the signal & we constantly have to retune to another frequency, always thought it was the aerial but now I'm wondering if it's the radio?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back