Go Humberto!

Free Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A-Class
Exp
FYI. I'm looking to buy a used 2005 Digital camera as a backup to my main camera. 12-13 years is a long time ago in Digital camera terms.

It should cost me about £300 (Down from >£3,000 in 2005) and it will look very old fashioned (no Video capability, only 12Mp) but I know it's not about having the latest and greatest gear.

I hope to prove that this spring/summer.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Ide be up for it Mo, but not sure if my camera would be welcome - it’s a Panasonic LUMIX so not an SLR. I would love to know how to use it to better effect than I do now. (y)

Go Humberto!

Free Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A-Class
Exp
Ide be up for it Mo, but not sure if my camera would be welcome - it’s a Panasonic LUMIX so not an SLR. I would love to know how to use it to better effect than I do now. (y)

Same rules apply, regardless of the camera type. They are basically all just a box, with a lens at one end and a sensor/film at the other.

You don't say which Lumix you have but it will most likely have a similar array of features (AUTO, Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Scene modes.....etc) as every other camera costing more than £150.

If in doubt, until you have this education BBQ, stick it on AUTO. I'll wager your issues aren't to do with the camera.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Don't despair old-mo, my father was a professional photographer.
My parents used to go motorsport race meetings, I was usually dumped in my pram in the middle whilst father went off getting action pics for the Motorsport Magazine!
I always thought I should be able to handle a camera but to be honest I find a point & shoot is the best option, nine times out of ten you don't have time to set a shot up!
Just dig out the camera and play with it....the camera that is!

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Ditto - I have a Lumix FZ150 "Bridge" camera - with all sorts of buttons & knobs. I thought about "upgrading" but this one has a Leica lens and the new improved models don't... and afaik, lens quality is paramount.
Auto & Scene* mode seem to work well enough - but it would satisfy my curiosity to know to know what all those other dial setting are for...

[*relying on those auto/scene modes to get reasonable mementos of my upcoming Icelandic tour next month]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Same rules apply, regardless of the camera type. They are basically all just a box, with a lens at one end and a sensor/film at the other.

You don't say which Lumix you have but it will most likely have a similar array of features (AUTO, Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Scene modes.....etc) as every other camera costing more than £150.

If in doubt, until you have this education BBQ, stick it on AUTO. I'll wager your issues aren't to do with the camera.
You’re right - the issues are definitely not to do with the camera .... I have the ‘dummy’s guide to digital photography’ and it might as well be written in a foreign language .... :confused:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back