Birmingham Nec (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 28, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If anybody is going to the NEC watch where you put your feet, the motorhomes and caravans need power cables running and to protect them they run them inside of unsightly rubber triangles that have warning tape on top so you can see them. This year they have run their carpets over the top so they don't look so obtrusive, invisible some might say. I lost count how often I tripped.
We still managed to close our 'fitness rings' walking around the show, wow we walked.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
And if you're thinking of home storage batteries have any spare time, go to the storage and solar exhibition - it's free to register. It's a good ten minutes from the motorhome halls but it's mostly escalators and motorised walkways so it's not good for thise who need to do any ring closing šŸ™‚šŸ™‚

I saw what might be a fantastic Flexi solar panel with 25 year guarantee - they are made differently to the standard Flexi panels. Cost wise, they are about Ā£2 per watt, so not cheap, but if they serve a purpose and work, then for those with limited roof space due to roof curves etc or looking for low profile and reduced weight they might be worth considering.
He had one completely rolled into a tube shape of around 8 inches in diameter to demonstrate its flexibility.
I asked why they weren't also at the motorhome/caravan show, he said they didn't have the staff to do two stands and this exhibition was deemed more 'profitable' - he did say they intended to visit motorhome and caravan shows in the future.

I will add their business/company info later if anyone is interested?

Their were also a lot of companies demonstrating their portable power packs of varying sizes and outputs - I counted around ten and not a jackary/bluetti amongst them !

PS I am not endorsing their product, just passing on information that anyone looking for Flexi panels might find helpful - I think I saw a you tube video of them being installed on a roof - the installers were able to walk on them without damage, which made them easy to install - not that anyone would walk on the curved roof of their Motorhome I hope !!

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And if you're thinking of home storage batteries have any spare time, go to the storage and solar exhibition - it's free to register.

I saw what might be a fantastic Flexi solar panel with 25 year guarantee - they are made differently to the standard Flexi panels. Cost wise, they are about Ā£2 per watt, so not cheap, but if they serve a purpose and work, then for those with limited roof space due to roof curves etc or looking for low profile and reduced weight they might be worth considering.
He had one completely rolled into a tube shape of around 8 inches in diameter to demonstrate its flexibility.
I asked why they weren't also at the motorhome/caravan show, he said they didn't have the staff to do two stands and this exhibition was deemed more 'profitable' - he did say they intended to visit motorhome and caravan shows in the future.

I will add their business/company info later if anyone is interested?

Their were also a lot of companies demonstrating their portable power packs of varying sizes and outputs - I counted around ten and not a jackary amongst them !

PS I am not endorsing their product, just passing on information that anyone looking for Flexi panels might find helpful - I think I saw a you tube video of them being installed on a roof - the installers were able to walk on them without damage, which made them easy to install - not that anyone would walk on the curved roof of their Motorhome I hope !!
Were these panels made/based in Wales by any chance?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Were these panels made/based in Wales by any chance?
No idea but will post the details so you can see if they are the same product and perhaps offer an insight as to whether they may be suitable or not. No point anyone buying them if experience has shown they're not as good as they appear to be .... Or if experience has shown they do what it says in the tin if course!

liam007

Free Member
Aug 1, 2019
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Free S600
Exp
Since 2019
MisterB I'd been keen to find out more about the solar panels you are talking about.

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Has anyone encountered problems, apart from the usual traffic, on the M42? I know to my cost that there were huge delays on Saturday because of closures between J5 and J6(NEC), but I was hoping that things were back to normal now.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Has anyone encountered problems, apart from the usual traffic, on the M42? I know to my cost that there were huge delays on Saturday because of closures between J5 and J6(NEC), but I was hoping that things were back to normal now.
I drive 4 to 6 most days, it was ok on Monday morning when re opened. Pretty congested 3 to 4 north and 4 to 3 south most days with the M40/M42 junction as idiots try to go outside lane to inside lane. OK this morning.

Mar 28, 2019
DERBY
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
Exp
since 2012
I WAS looking forward to going Friday
7E859511-11E7-4787-BE36-3236C45E116E.jpeg

šŸ˜¢

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
MisterB I'd been keen to find out more about the solar panels you are talking about.

And as funflair pointed out they are made/based in Wales - so he may have more information about them?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

And as funflair pointed out they are made/based in Wales - so he may have more information about them?
I think these are the ones that jongood has on their housešŸ˜‰

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
they've been on 4 years, absolutely no problems. we chose them for the aesthetics and have no idea whether ordinary panels would produce less or more. I do know we had to put a 1" gap from the insulated Sips box but then they re sat on a 3mm?? galv panel and then 19mm OSB.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
they've been on 4 years, absolutely no problems. we chose them for the aesthetics and have no idea whether ordinary panels would produce less or more. I do know we had to put a 1" gap from the insulated Sips box but then they re sat on a 3mm?? galv panel and then 19mm OSB.
It's their flexibility that is the subject of this thread, do you have knowledge of their suitability as a flexible panel for mounting on curved sections on a motorhome roof?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It's their flexibility that is the subject of this thread, do you have knowledge of their suitability as a flexible panel for mounting on curved sections on a motorhome roof?
I am pretty sure the manufacturer shows them rolled up and says they are perfectly OK on a curve, I see no reason why not.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I would have no qualms about the flexibility, unlike the semi flexible they're not glass. I ve actually seen them being made and they're like a plastic material. We had to stick one on because of a cockup with the roof people and just cleaned the roof sheet with a bit of alchol and it went on like a sticker.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
I would have no qualms about the flexibility, unlike the semi flexible they're not glass. I ve actually seen them being made and they're like a plastic material. We had to stick one on because of a cockup with the roof people and just cleaned the roof sheet with a bit of alchol and it went on like a sticker.
Thanks, hopefully the info may add positively to the discussion on flexible panels and allow people to make informed decisions

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
I WAS looking forward to going Friday View attachment 678351
šŸ˜¢
Keep warm, plenty of paracetamol, fluids and lozenges for the sore throat. You can probably tell, me and the Wife just getting over a bout of Covid. People say if you get it after you've had the vaccine and boosters it's no more than a mild cold, Well, not in our case. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The good thing if there is a good thing with Covid, it seems to last no more than 5-6 days. Then you've got the 3 days for clear results.

Mar 28, 2019
DERBY
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
Exp
since 2012
Keep warm, plenty of paracetamol, fluids and lozenges for the sore throat. You can probably tell, me and the Wife just getting over a bout of Covid. People say if you get it after you've had the vaccine and boosters it's no more than a mild cold, Well, not in our case. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The good thing if there is a good thing with Covid, it seems to last no more than 5-6 days. Then you've got the 3 days for clear results.
Thank you for that šŸ„°. Think my elderly parents (both in 80s) have it too. Their symptoms are the same but havenā€™t bothered testing. Mums just got out of hospital so may have come from there?? Luckily they had their boosters about 3/4 weeks ago - mine was supposed to be Saturday !!
Trying to milk the isolation thing, daughter off school this week, she was quite attentive yesterday but considerably lacking today, but itā€™s still early for a 17 year old I suppose šŸ™„ maybe once we hit midday sheā€™ll be more responsive šŸ˜‚.

Jan 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van
Exp
15 yrs
sorry to piggy back on this post. Off to the show tomorrow and just went to book parking for the car and it is Ā£21 per day!!

Anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020

I was wondering how they fitted them to PVCā€˜s with ridges so looked at the ambulancesā€¦ā€¦nice job.

Makes my 130w panel look clumsy. Looks like you could configure panels around your roof furniture as well, be interested in a price comparison including fitting. :unsure:

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
sorry to piggy back on this post. Off to the show tomorrow and just went to book parking for the car and it is Ā£21 per day!!

Anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

Parking is supposed to be in the price of the ticket.

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Parking is supposed to be in the price of the ticket.
I THINK that only applies to prepays, on the door I think there is a parking charge
Please note the underlined heavily bolder word šŸ˜„

Howard B has faster fingers, and more accuracy šŸ˜‚

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back