LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Half a cupful of castor oil from the chemist in 3 gallons does it a treat.

My encounter with Castrol R was from Reg Dearden and his Manx Nortons in the 1950s. In those days he could hire Oulton Park for a day or half day, for a tenner, and just turn up an test. No safety crew or anything.

oppy

Free Member
Nov 8, 2014
Glossop, North Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built Lunar
Exp
5 years
My encounter with Castrol R was from Reg Dearden and his Manx Nortons in the 1950s. In those days he could hire Oulton Park for a day or half day, for a tenner, and just turn up an test. No safety crew or anything.

Do you remember when you could just turn up at Darley Moor when there wasn't a meeting on and blast around the track to your hearts content-----------for nowt ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Do you remember when you could just turn up at Darley Moor when there wasn't a meeting on and blast around the track to your hearts content-----------for nowt ?

No. Didn't know it existed until relatively recently. Visited once a few years ago for the Festival of 1000 Bikes, not much to write home about.

oppy

Free Member
Nov 8, 2014
Glossop, North Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built Lunar
Exp
5 years
Most respected Motocross tuners still use castor based oil in high revving 2 strokes with race gas it smells divine
R 30s, better than Brut for fragrance !!!! We used to put some cooking oil in our tanks to try and make the same kind of aroma

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Back to the original thread.

Over the past 20+ years I have used most UK ferries to Europe and can't ever remember not being told to wait in a dedicated motorcycle lane. On at least 2 occasions I have been offered a drink by kind motorhomers parked in the lane next to me, most welcome.

Once on board motorcyclists are squashed up against the ships wall and have to secure their bike with ratchet straps that are supplied by the operators usually filthy with oil and dirt. Other vehicles park so close (as instructed) that motorcyclists can barely get around their bikes, all this while gradually getting hotter and hotter ! Gripes over - I'd still rather be on my motorbike than in my motorhome.

As an aside - why do some bikers put disc locks or security chains on their bikes when on board the ferry ? The bike ain't going anywhere ! ! :)

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Back to the original thread.

Over the past 20+ years I have used most UK ferries to Europe and can't ever remember not being told to wait in a dedicated motorcycle lane. On at least 2 occasions I have been offered a drink by kind motorhomers parked in the lane next to me, most welcome.

Once on board motorcyclists are squashed up against the ships wall and have to secure their bike with ratchet straps that are supplied by the operators usually filthy with oil and dirt. Other vehicles park so close (as instructed) that motorcyclists can barely get around their bikes, all this while gradually getting hotter and hotter ! Gripes over - I'd still rather be on my motorbike than in my motorhome.

As an aside - why do some bikers put disc locks or security chains on their bikes when on board the ferry ? The bike ain't going anywhere ! ! :)

Problem solved:

IMG_1118.JPG

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Perhaps the op should consider downloading Apples 2017 app of the year.A7CF8F64-4755-4B92-BF48-BE73073EF0F5.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back