Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
I have noted on many threads over the previous months that September has been mentioned as the time to flee our shores for Spain, Portugal, France etc. Are people still in the same frame of mind. We are on the boat at the start of September to Spain then onto Portugal. Strangely feeling a little nervous. Both vaccinated so unsure why. Are you still going?

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Hoping to be on the Tunnel 2nd September. A couple of days in Northern France then over the border to Belgium for our damp check. We should be back in France within 4 hours🙂.
Then we'll probably head slowly to the south of France.
We"ve no fixed plan.
I, too, feel strangely nervous. I think it's because we've been looking forward to it for so long, and I don't want anything to go wrong.🤔
MOT is on Wednesday 🤞.
Also a bit anxious about the pet passport, although our dog has a Spanish passport.
I won't relax until we're on the Tunnel.
I just can't wait 😀😀😀.

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
We will be leaving the U.K. on 28th August and travelling through France and Italy to Greece.
We only need our Covid Passes, plus health attestations, to enter each.
I haven’t given any thought to the tests on our return because we won’t be back until the end of October or beginning November and everything will have changed by then.

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Why is it that the Pembs MHs are heading to Greece? Hope to be heading in that direction in October. Hopefully, things will be on the up by then.
We keep a yacht in the Ionian and need to get back to renew our Greek residence permits so we can spend more than 90/180 there in the future. Plus hopefully get some sailing in!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
We have out trip booked for May 2022 (using tickets booked in 2019!)

We may think of a few weeks in Portugal this winter, but we will wait for the September rush to be over and see if you all get let back in again.

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
This Pembs MH is heading to Southern France at the beginning of October. Mixture of France Passion and Aires.
And a few letters? :LOL:. All mod cons [6] anagram ... to paraphrase the Guardian Quick Crossword :unsure:

Steve

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Also nervous but excited about the possibility of a return to France and Spain. Haven't seen our hovel in France since Feb 2020, and my last thought as we locked the front doors and shutters was 'They'll need painted this Summer ...' and I rather doubt that the French Shutter Painting Fairy will have paid a visit in the intervening period!

Normally we attack the back garden and take a double height trailer of hedge and tree clippings to the dechetterie. Brunhilde doesn't have a towbar, so I might have to grovel to Dominic for a loan of car and trailer. I can crawl with the best when needs must!

Not sure of trip dates yet. Usually leave late November to arrive in Spain around 6th December, but happy to wait and see how COVID Regs and Test Requirements pan out. If risk remains high, we may swallow the disappointment and wait until Spring 2022. Won't be the end of the world, but it will probably feel like it is ...

Steve & Elaine

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
No idea where we’re going or via which route, but planning to make a move round about 19th or 20th September. Just keeping an eye on travel restrictions and will take the route of least complications. (y)

Last edited:

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
We are scheduled for 13th September. Going to put it back a week or so as I have booked flu jab through Llloyds Pharmacy for the 20th September. Taking the view that Boris intends to dish out the vaccine booster from September around the roll out phases as round one. The government also stated that the pharmacies will also be dishing the booster jabs out at the same time as the Flu jabs. So now that we have appointments in September and lloyds Pharmacy will be jabbing the boosters, I take the view that will they then be saying well what age group are you, you are not on the list yet here's your flu jab but you will need to come back for your booster. Or will they just give us them both as we are sat in front of them. Once jabbed off to Spain.

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
We are scheduled for 13th September. Going to put it back a week or so as I have booked flu jab through Llloyds Pharmacy for the 20th September. Taking the view that Boris intends to dish out the vaccine booster from September around the roll out phases as round one. The government also stated that the pharmacies will also be dishing the booster jabs out at the same time as the Flu jabs. So now that we have appointments in September and lloyds Pharmacy will be jabbing the boosters, I take the view that will they then be saying well what age group are you, you are not on the list yet here's your flu jab but you will need to come back for your booster. Or will they just give us them both as we are sat in front of them. Once jabbed off to Spain.
Reminds me of the time when vasectomies began to become available in the early 1970s, with the very word being uttered in hushed tones, akin to a mime [think Les Dawson's Cissie discussig medical matters with Roy Barraclough], for what was something of a taboo subject. To break down barriers around the topic, Radio 4 agreed to make a programme, 'fly on the wall' documentary, around 1975, featuring interviews with the patient, his wife, the medical team etc, with no bleeping out of words or terms that may have caused embarrassment. ...

EXCEPT for the Anaesthetist's totally serious, intended to relax patient comment as the jag was prepared, 'Nothing to worry about, just a small prick...' which the Beeb bleeped out! :LOL:

Steve

Nov 10, 2013
worcester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Sept 5th France here we come. Will keep going south until we find the good weather. Just got to finish getting all the apps and paperwork sorted. Van all ready to go with new cambelt done, mot and service thanks to Dave Newell.

James (marpool)

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
We are booked on Tunnel September 1st but are awaiting delivery of our new Malibu so may have to hang on a week or 2, but heading for Croatia mid September at the very latest, for minimum 60days and then back into France Spain and Portugal for a few months

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I have noted on many threads over the previous months that September has been mentioned as the time to flee our shores for Spain, Portugal, France etc. Are people still in the same frame of mind. We are on the boat at the start of September to Spain then onto Portugal. Strangely feeling a little nervous. Both vaccinated so unsure why. Are you still going?
We have been and returned.Nothing to worry about.BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back