Biarritz-Pamplona Zaragoza aires (1 Viewer)

Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
On the road today. I've not been to Spain before. Can anyone recommend and aires that are good along this route or municipal sites? Particularly need water even showers.
I've got the all the aires Spain book

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
San Sebastián down near the university, water and dump but no showers.

Zaragoza has an aire at the Zoo park but not much in the way of services, bus to town though.

Martin

OP
OP
Jillytots
Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
Ok thanks that'll do to be getting on with

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
What's Biarritz like if I stopped there first ?
You would be better off looking at camper contact or campingcarinfos website. Will give you ideas plus all info, plus some photos and reviews.

I like Biarritz aire for proximity to the great beach, but its now expensive 12 euros. The majority of aires do not have showers IMO.

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Biarritz aire is about 20 minutes walk into town has 2 water taps and pitches have electric hook up included in price so can use shower in van. I also has a good surfing beach 5 minute walk.

OP
OP
Jillytots
Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks I use all this sites and more. I'm currently near Bayonne at le barre or similar and have just been reading about Biarritz so I think I'll head there . I use aires pretty exclusively in France but would have like a municipal site tonight for a shower but there doesn't seem to be anything similar around here and I have a dog.

OP
OP
Jillytots
Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
Is this the Biarritz one ? I'm heading for that. I would have liked to go into Bayonne but unless I find a bus I doubt I'll go.

alanalmoff

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
There is a nice aire in Ondres, just above Biarritz, it was 7euros when the electricty was working a couple of years back but not charged for the last two years, no electricty, the beach is just behind the sand dunes

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Have a look at Campingcar infos A French site but easily understood Some good aires on your way across are Vitoria Gasteiz, Palencia, Salamanca, Caceres. All with water and waste emptying but no showers

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Not an aire but also a very good ACSI campsite at Caceres with your own shower and toilet.

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Jillytots
Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
Hi I went to Biarritz but it was full . Not surprising as it was rather late on the day .
I've ended up at the interestingly named St Pee sur Nivelle .
Haven't found where the water is yet and electric is 10v and it says electric should only be used for charging van battery(?) so I won't be able to heat water? but it's a lovely spot overlooking A lake . I really like this area I'm going to spend some time in the basque region now and the. Villages in the foothills of the Pyrenees.

Reactions: f6c

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Hi I went to Biarritz but it was full . Not surprising as it was rather late on the day .
Haven't found where the water is yet and electric is 10v and it says electric should only be used for charging van battery(?) so I won't be able to heat water? but it's a lovely spot overlooking A lake . I really like this area I'm going to spend some time in the basque region now and the. Villages in the foothills of the Pyrenees.
We have stayed there several times. Is a lovely stop :)

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
We have been all around northern Spain staying mainly in Paradors for the last seven nights, will definitely be coming back in the MoHo and be looking for campsites instead of aires.

Nethernut

Free Member
Apr 25, 2011
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Aire at Arguedas, lovely spot below the cave dwellings. Has water, waste disposal etc. Oh and it is free

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Great municipal site in St Jean Pied du Port, and lovely town.

OP
OP
Jillytots
Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
Just recovering from the driving and heat yesterday then will be looking at the maps and pinpointing all these places. Been into tourist info and got a map with a few places .im going to start another thread for the basque region as I plan to stay for a few days thanks all

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back