Beware of Truma 'service centres'! (1 Viewer)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Funsters who attended Peterborough may remember that my Truma Combi 4E was not working so I had no hot water or heating - not that I needed the heating. The lovely Ash kindly looked at it for me and identified 3 possible causes but was unable to help. I phoned Truma who gave me a list of their so-called 'service centres' in my area, with staff they have trained. This was a bit of a joke since 2 'mobile engineers never bothered to phone back and most service centres were caravan dealers who said they didn't mend Trumas in motorhomes, only in caravans. One only mends them in caravans they have sold. I went to one listed 'service centre' near Oxford (24 miles away), who looked at it and said he would have to phone Truma. He phoned me 2 days later to tell me exactly what I had told him (- what Ash had told me!) was the problem, and stated that it would take him 2 weeks to get the parts. Since we leave for Holland on Sunday, that would not have worked. A large motorhome dealer near Banbury who were booked up for service work until August, gave me contact details of nearby service place, Truma trained and approved, but not listed on their web site, and he agreed to look at it. He looked very hard, identified the problem (pcb board blown) and 3 visits later it is mended and fit for purpose thank goodness. It took only 261 miles and appropriate diesel on top of the pcb board (very expensive) and fitting was a good price for the area - £55 per hour.

So I can thoroughly recommend this place if you have any motorhome problems at all (they are not dealers but an approved workshop) and are within striking distance of Banbury: CentraLeisure at Greatworth, and if you want someone who really knows what they are doing, owner Shawn is excellent and in spite of having more work than he can cope with, managed to get the job done in time for us.

I wrote to Truma and said I didn't think much of the 'service' their centres offered. Guess what - no reply.

Catherine

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Glad all is fixed now Catherine, enjoy your time away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Well, set off today to London, to pick up partner. Then since staying overnight here and catching ferry to Dnkirk tomorrow, tried to put the fridge on gas. Wouldn't light for ages. Couldn't imagine why was it as on gas all last night and it was full of fresh food. Eventually lit, thank you God, but since we are going to Holland and the Thetford HQ is there, anticipated spending more tech days instead of being on holiday. What a relief. Could it have been been because we were on a slight incline??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back