Best Value Auto satellite Dish ? (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2022
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
we have an Amazon Firestick but despite 3 different networks, struggle with data !
We stream directly from websites not 3rd party, we can get the same and more.
No issue in Spain last year, we've now been in USA for 10 months (Google Fi & AT&T) and other when in "the middle
of nowhere" again no issues.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
For years and years as a Sat.TV user, I'm glad there is an alternative....Data if course..

What failings did Sat TV have for me... Choosing a location that had clear sight of sender...no trees, no clouds in week signal areas...and when it rained....you could be confined to your van, only for the signal to be off..
Casting shadow on Solar panel...reducing its performance.....these are some of the reasons my oyster never gets raised...
Of course mainstream TV fails to work where we are...as a result of reducing the footprint..
I'm totally delighted with Data TV...with a VPN I can watch where and what I watch...even under a tree canopy, which wouldn't be possible with the Oyster...Just my way...

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
EuroTrotters. Trev, as our dish is of no use further than Teruel, we are on data with a Firestick, using either an ID Mobile sim card, or a Spanish Lebara one I bought in Guardamar, at ā‚¬15 for 100Gb per 28 x days. Both are working fine between the Movistar and Yoigo networks, with very little buffering at all.

HTH,

Jock. :)

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
We have a maxview wireless 85cm dish with auto skew. Been away nearly 6 weeks and mainly used the firestick tethered to our phones. Most time we have had 5g or really good 4g and never had a problem. On new van not having sat dish but getting a roof aerial fitted with 5g router and probably going for iq mobile sim. We are on EE found orange Best network overall in Spain.

Jul 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
We use Cyberghost VPN so can access UK channel streaming services from hear in the USA.
Has options for Netflix and Prime if you want to steam them.
Needs to be TOTO occasionally, that may be more our 4G than the VPN.

TOTO - Turn Off Turn On

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
We have a dome on the van , havent bothered with a sat tv because when we were in france we were out n about every night, always have a book or a jigsaw for a rainy evening in .

Jul 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
Depending on you moral code there are websites you can watch almost any sport live or current cinema and yesteryear
films for free and free generally amends peoples morals.
With VPN we can use catch up with all current UK channel programs.
Why "Live"??

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Starlink is becoming a viable option (though costly) ....... If your close to someone who has one, they may be tempted to share their connection so you can try it? (Of course the nay sayers will point out the supposed dangers but its not you accessing stuff in your computer/phone etc)

I've shared my connection quite a few times with adjacent motorhomes in various locations, over looking Lake Lucerne in Switzerland, Ghent in Belgium and several places through Germany and France.
If you're ever parked up close and it's set up, just give me a 'knock' šŸ‘šŸ˜

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
There is no one size fits all..... even in the UK you can have terrestrial TV and data issues so Sat dish comes into play then, if you have the luxury of all 3 receiving methods (CAMC at Bolton Abbey comes to mind for one). We have a Snipe 3 which doesn't shadow the Solar, Firestick too with Popit data sim (fabulous speed in Belgium last week on 4g but there is 5g everywhere) and the terrestrial ariel too. I'm told (never tried it) that the Snipe is known to work south of Lyon despite it's size for Astra 28 but then if we wanted Sat TV we'd probably link to Astra 19 then.... Hope you find a solution...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back