Best UK sites within easy walking distance of a City / Town / Large Village? (1 Viewer)

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Looks great! Can’t see any prices - do you know how much a night it is?
I have no idea but don't think it will be too expensive as its basically farmers land. Its right next door to a huge garden centre that has a decent cafe.
It is on the main road between Bristol and Bath so by no means in the middle of the country but like I said handy for Bristol/Bath.

Hoovie

Free Member
May 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
There is a car park by the Abbey, (also the bus station), which is free and on which you can stay overnight. A good stopover for anyone travelling to or from the Highlands. It does start to fill up with motorhomes early evening!! There are a number of historical sites to see in Jedburgh and a few pubs serving meals. Well worth a visit.
For information, there is a sign on the carpark that says "no overnighting" (or words to that effect).
So strictly speaking, it is not permissible to overnight there, although there are always motorhomes there, so it would seem to not be enforced - but it should be mentioned.
Also Jedburgh offers Free Wi-Fi (I've never tried it out so no idea how good it is).

Pam Thompson

Free Member
Apr 29, 2022
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo IT680G
Exp
Since 2015
I was checking sites last week and came across Tewksbury Abbey Campsite.
A Caravan and Motorhome Club site, but open to non members.
Looks a good site, although not visited myself, just viewed website.
According to information, only a short walk into Tewksbury itself.
Have placed it on my list of sites to visit at some point.
I have just been to look at this site today. It is very central. Next to the abbey. Not sure of the price for this site as I am not a member and need to study the literature.

There is also another site called Mill Avon Holiday park which is central and is £35 per night.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I have just been to look at this site today. It is very central. Next to the abbey. Not sure of the price for this site as I am not a member and need to study the literature.

There is also another site called Mill Avon Holiday park which is central and is £35 per night.
Tewkesbury Abbey is a lovely site - especially if you like the sound of church bells every 15 minutes all through the night 🤣

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Currently at Hartsholme Park , Lincoln. £18 with ehu.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
No idea, it's just a spreadsheet 🤔 I've attached a Word version in case that's better for you.
Thanks for that.
Not being computer savvy i still cannot print off but thanks for trying.
Maybe when my grandson arrives on 14th he will help me..............he's 2 n arf.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Thanks for that.
Maybe when my grandson arrives on 14th he will help me..............he's 2 n arf.
This is it in pdf format but sorted by place name and single page wide.
Unfortunately, links won't work.
Wonder if you could print in this format?

Attachments

• Sites.pdf
    58.6 KB · Views: 70

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Thanks for that.
Try it in the Excel set-up.

Attachments

• Sites.xlsx
    30.8 KB · Views: 23

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I "think" bobnick 's problem may be the page settings on your original file as it's set to "actual size" with the spreadsheet exceeding the margins of A4 paper. It's also set to Portrait rather than Landscape.

On the version I just attached to my response these have been changed to "Fit width" and Landscape so, hopefully, may now work for him.:pray2:

ps a great resource.(y)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I think my problem is knowing nothing about computer's and how they work. Every minor issue i have to get help.
Doesn't help when one don't like the things, but needs must.
Only thing worse is a mobile phone, and again i only have one of those i carry occasionally for the camera, and the banks insist you have one.

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Cornish Farm obviously!
Short stroll into the historical town of Taunton. Home of Cider and Judge Jeffries!

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Update from C&MC regarding Baltic Wharf:-

‘Updated 6 May 2022: We are now welcoming arrivals up to and including Sunday 25 September 2022, departing no later than 12 noon, on Monday 26 September 2022.’

Apr 23, 2018
Cambs
Funster No
MH
In between.
Exp
Since 2017
Waterclose Meadows in Houghton between Huntingdon and St Ives is lovely. About 15 minutes walk into St Ives through the thicket. It’s a National Trust site. Facilities are clean and fresh, there is a tea room and you are next door to Houghton Mill, a NT property. 2 pubs and a shop in village and a Dobbies garden centre 10 minutes walk. Good for kayakers and paddle boarders.

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Waterclose Meadows in Houghton between Huntingdon and St Ives is lovely. About 15 minutes walk into St Ives through the thicket. It’s a National Trust site. Facilities are clean and fresh, there is a tea room and you are next door to Houghton Mill, a NT property. 2 pubs and a shop in village and a Dobbies garden centre 10 minutes walk. Good for kayakers and paddle boarders.
You mean this one? Are you by any chance Biased 😉

1652440416686.png

Apr 23, 2018
Cambs
Funster No
MH
In between.
Exp
Since 2017
Just spent a couple of nights at Boroughbridge on the A1 on our way to the Lake District. Nice site and only a couple of miles walk into town which has some nice local shops. Lovely pies from the butcher. Also a Morrisons a short drive away for fuel or supplies.
Showers/ facilities immaculate and laundry room for those who need it.

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Thank you for compiling the list, we are sure to make use of it. Just one small point - Silvercraigs in Kirkcudbright is in Dumfries and Galloway rather than the Highlands. I don't really mind if you don't alter it as we love the site, visit it regularly and don't want it to be too crowded:winky:
Sue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back