best sim for wifi usage abroad (1 Viewer)

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
I have read that several times but having spoken to 3 agents who have said that all plans are limited to25Gb and can find no definitive mention of 'all' in any of the online details, I need to pursue this further by actually talking to a proper sales agent, not some numpty in Mumbai!
Glad you added the Mumbai bit.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just waded through some of the posts on here ... go and have a shuftie at the following 2 websites to get your sims from them, MUCH better deals than going direct to Vodafone (or anyone of the other major providers) ... they will give you more data at a lot less cost ...

Broken Link Removed
www.fonehouse.co.uk

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I will make further inquiries but 12th June was 6 weeks ago, things have changed, 100Gb no longer available. I can find no reference on their website to a 25Gb cap other than on unlimited plans so I will persevere, back in UK tomorrow so will try again. I have had several issues with Vodafone recently and their online help has been hopeless.
The 100Gb was a limited time offer.

This appears to be the next best deal, especially if it's the Red Plan deal with no data cap abroad.

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
The 100Gb was a limited time offer.

This appears to be the next best deal, especially if it's the Red Plan deal with no data cap abroad.

Cheers,

Jock.

Just ordered the 60Gb Red plan, even if it does end up capped at 25Gb it's still a good price, £20 a month with £70 automatic cash back, I was paying £53 on the last 60Gb Vodafone contract. Thanks for the info(y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Just ordered the 60Gb Red plan, even if it does end up capped at 25Gb it's still a good price, £20 a month with £70 automatic cash back, I was paying £53 on the last 60Gb Vodafone contract. Thanks for the info(y)
Glad to see that you are sorted. 👍

It would be good to know once you are aware, if it is actually capped, or not.

Cheers,

Jock. 🙂

philmc79

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 4, 2018
East Manchester
Funster No
MH
LP Coach Built
Exp
since 2 weeks ago
Try Smarty, unlimited data £18 a month, then check the roaming as it is part of the 3 network.

Deleted User
Glad to see that you are sorted. 👍

It would be good to know once you are aware, if it is actually capped, or not.

Cheers,

Jock. 🙂

I will be back out to France in a couple of weeks, hopefully! and then back to Portugal in September so should know towards the end of September. I can get satellite freeview at our static in France so don't use a lot of data but when we are in Portugal we watch a couple of hours TV a day.
I intend to put the new sim in either a spare phone or a mifi and use solely for data, I will keep my existing number on a Vodafone PAYG sim bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Did you not fancy doing the one where you submit the bills to get much better cashback?

Deleted User
Try Smarty, unlimited data £18 a month, then check the roaming as it is part of the 3 network.

I have also ordered the Smarty £10 sim as a fail safe, can cancel after 30 days. I am fairly sure that 3 deals are limited.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I have also ordered the Smarty £10 sim as a fail safe, can cancel after 30 days. I am fairly sure that 3 deals are limited.
They most definitely are limited to 2 months in Europe, also I can't remember if it's 19gb or 25gb data as I haven' had one for a while.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
No, 2 reasons, too much messing and on the Red dealmI can get Spotify which is £9.99 a month.
Ah, didn't realise you were a spotty oik! :LOL:

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
My god (other deities accepted), this market really is still cowboy country. It's like nailing jelly to a wall or herding cats. Just when you think you have a good deal, the goalposts move again. How many more analogies can I squeeze in?

Hopefully the EU will regulate further (like on roaming charges). Oh, hang on, Blighty wants to "take back control of its borders", so who knows what "market forces" we will be subject to. Hopefully you can still buy a local SIM when you reach your destination.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
I've just waded through some of the posts on here ... go and have a shuftie at the following 2 websites to get your sims from them, MUCH better deals than going direct to Vodafone (or anyone of the other major providers) ... they will give you more data at a lot less cost ...

Broken Link Removed
www.fonehouse.co.uk

Thanks for the info and heads up Minxy Girl - just ordered the 60GB sim through mobiles.co.uk and will keep fingers crossed that it can all be used overseas. If not, I have 5GB more than Smarty offer at £3 cheaper a month - happy days! :giggle: ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks for the info and heads up Minxy Girl - just ordered the 60GB sim through mobiles.co.uk and will keep fingers crossed that it can all be used overseas. If not, I have 5GB more than Smarty offer at £3 cheaper a month - happy days! :giggle: ;)
Vodafone have their own network in Spain so to them it won't make much difference, not sure about other countries but I can't see them, or any, of the providers restricting stuff as the first one that does will lose a load of customers I'm sure.

Mar 31, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
Since 2017
After a horrendous experience with Three and their non existent customer service last year, we took out a Sky sim only monthly contract. It's great!!!

We can change our level of data from month to month with just a click on the app. There's no data cap in Europe. Best of all, any unused data is automatically saved in a piggy bank to be used whenever we're ready. You get 3 years to use it. Also, if you're a Sky TV customer you can download or watch Sky TV through the sim card without using any data.

We've had no problems with coverage and their customer service is great.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Vodafone have their own network in Spain so to them it won't make much difference, not sure about other countries but I can't see them, or any, of the providers restricting stuff as the first one that does will lose a load of customers I'm sure.
Minxy Girl are you limited to using the Vodafone network when in Spain?

Twos company

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 25, 2008
Boroughbridge
Funster No
MH
VW transporter
Exp
25+
Is there a cap on it and where did you find the cash back deal?

Sep 18, 2011
Coventry. England
Funster No
MH
Bessacar
Exp
Since 2009
Recently took out a Three sim only plan with SIM Unlimited Data, Unlimited Minutes text and calls - 12 months for £16/Month. Reading some of the comments here I'm not sure if this extends to a limited usage abroad, although the plan does say I can use my allowance abroad? Is this a good deal?
Want to use it with my HUAWEI 5573, for streaming media such as Films, Live TV, etc. would welcome any comments or recommendations

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
When I took out my O2 sim, I was told there were no restrictions In the Eurozone and up until now have found this to be the case. Works ok as well.........

This is all very simple really, £20 gets, 100g, unlimited minutes and texts............................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back