Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
An alternative view.
Firstly the weather was bad.
If we had decided to go to the eagles nest it would have been pointless vision wise.
We found out it is a 2 hour uphill hike or 33 euros for the bus for 2 from the documentation station.
We heard it was 32 euro each in the cable car from konigssee.
While we are at konigssee they tried charging me 3 euro to park the motorbike by means of a ticket to display. Any motorcyclist will tell you to take the ticket from the next motorbike.
Lake trip at konigssee started at 15 euro each.
The jenner way wasn't working.
There is only one official aire 8 kms north of konigssee. You take your chances everywhere else including konigssee car park and the documentation centre.
It is probably lovely but not in inclement weather and we didn't bother at those inflated tourist tax prices.
Plenty of stunning scenery in austria for free.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I am a Motorcyclist and I would NOT nick a ticket off another biker!! NO biker I know would nick a ticket off another bike, we parked with dozens of bikes when we was there, ALL of them had tickets, there was no nicking of any tickets!! Are you telling me you would nick a ticket off another biker worth 3 euros??? If you was short of 3 euros the bikers would prob put their hand in their pocket and give it to you. Spend thousands on a MH and nick a ticket to save 3 euro's?? Jeez.

Nov 19, 2010
Walking the dog
Funster No
MH
Hymer 680 Starline
Exp
since 2012
Try Bad Reichenhall, nice place with good walking/cycling.

Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I am a Motorcyclist and I would NOT nick a ticket off another biker!! NO biker I know would nick a ticket off another bike, we parked with dozens of bikes when we was there, ALL of them had tickets, there was no nicking of any tickets!! Are you telling me you would nick a ticket off another biker worth 3 euros??? If you was short of 3 euros the bikers would prob put their hand in their pocket and give it to you. Spend thousands on a MH and nick a ticket to save 3 euro's?? Jeez.
It was the point not the action. It is implausible to have a ticket machine system for motorbike parking. You can just say somebody took your ticket. Ps the machine was broken.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
It was the point not the action. It is implausible to have a ticket machine system for motorbike parking. You can just say somebody took your ticket. Ps the machine was broken.
Yes I get what you mean . Many places let bikes park free for that reason

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Shame things seemed to be against you. Its a lovely little enclave and the views from the eagles nest are fab. We were really surprised at the lack of mention of Hitler, perhaps we shouldnt be but it was built for him.

The trip up there on the bus is definitely part of the experience IMHO

We rode up on the Jennerbahn and then walked down, great walk but calves were giving up at the end.

Its a shame there's nothing close ( we only found a really crappy acsi with a CC type warden) but
Bad Reichenhall has a nice stellplatz by the river.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

Unlike the Germans to have such a badly thought out system. However I suspect the new generation of pay and display machines where you enter your reg will spell the end of free bike parking in our cash grabbing boroughs.

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
Yes I get what you mean . Many places let bikes park free for that reason
We had to put tickets on bikes to park in Lampeter, car park was virtually empty you think they might relax this to encourage bikers to visit and spend money.

I’d happily pay €33 to see such an important WWII site, especially when most are free.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!

That's the reason I take a quick photo of the ticket on the bike with my phone! But I do concur with the other threads, the trip alone is more than just the view from the top, although it is spectacular, the bus ride alone is worth a good few euro's I'm glad we visited it. I hope next time you are up that way the weather is more favorable and you are able to go see it, it really is worth it.

Ady

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Our thought processes, based purely on the weather, were, it will be there next year. We seem to have said that a lot this holiday. Saltzburg and Munich have been deliberately missed as we intend to come back this way in October.

I think. So don't quote me. But if you stay at one of the acsi sites you might get a regional ticket that discounts things so the aire costs you 8 euros for staying and 12 euros for leccy and water whereas the acsi might be 17 and possible to walk to konigssee saving on parking as well and possible discount.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Unlike the Germans to have such a badly thought out system. However I suspect the new generation of pay and display machines where you enter your reg will spell the end of free bike parking in our cash grabbing boroughs.
Now that wouldn't disagree with me as much. I don't mind but see it as useless to buy a ticket and leave it on open display.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back