Been living abroad, no NCD............. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Yes before buying anything I would be speaking to brokers as many, the first thing they require is a UK licence ,held for the past 3 years! If you exchanged for a EU one it could cause problems.It shouldn't but usually with UK insurance companies it will.
No worries. Kept my UK licence.

Andrew

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Are you back for good , do you have a permanent address, are you on the election register and have a bank account at your home address , as soon as these are in place it will be easier. good luck in your search, when using a broker make sure they are not 'tied' and ca search the whole market. If they are tied they can only use certain companies
Yes to all of those. :giggle: Thanks for the tip about tied brokers.

Andrew

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Comfort operate a net policy so you don't need any NCB to get their best price.
That's interesting. Not that I know what that means exactly. :giggle:

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
As others have said Comfort do not have a NCB. They base their price on your declared history.
Sounds like Comfort might be a good bet. But I will try the various brokers also suggested. I was in Greece and I know they do operate a bit differently on NCD. Not entirely straightforward.

Many thanks to all for the suggestions and ideas.

Andrew

OP
OP
acropolis22
Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
So, quick update. Fell at the first hurdle with Comfort. Will not even consider me as I've not been back in the UK for two years...... What's this got to do with anything? So, presumably, even if I went through the hassle of getting some sort of documentation from my Greek insurer, Comfort still wouldn't want to know.

Is this going to be a general problem I wonder? No-one on here mentioned this so I'm hoping not.

Andrew

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
So, quick update. Fell at the first hurdle with Comfort. Will not even consider me as I've not been back in the UK for two years...... What's this got to do with anything? So, presumably, even if I went through the hassle of getting some sort of documentation from my Greek insurer, Comfort still wouldn't want to know.

Is this going to be a general problem I wonder? No-one on here mentioned this so I'm hoping not.

Andrew
it is a very common issue, especially military families. But there are companies that will help

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back