Jul 30, 2017
Thaxted, Essex.
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion.
Exp
30 years of weekends away motor racing.
Morning all,
I am looking at buying a new mains battery charger for my workshop, but it would also be useful if it could be used to charge up leisure batteries, does anybody have any recomendations on a good charger for both normal batteries and leisure batteries ?
Cheers in advance,
Paul.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I'm assuming you mean Lead Acid which can be both starter and leisure battery rather than AGM or GEL. Ctek chargers are the top of the range chargers and will automatically adjust to accommodate any of the above batteries and can be left permanently hooked up to the batteries.
The particular one you need will be dependant on the size of your battery bank you want to maintain.
There not the cheapest but they are the best.
http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/ctek.aspx

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Any charger will do either. A good smart charger will possibly have more sophisticated means of coping with gel, AGM, and FLA, but starter and leisure batteries can both use any of the available technologies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
check Lidl as they have had chargers that appear to be the same as the Ctek but under £20

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ive got a lidl one the only problem is it has to be set to battery type each time you use it so no good in a van but as a charger its good recovering really flat batteries

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back