Bath Racecourse Motorhome Show (1 Viewer)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Just helping Jim out with the attendee lists if you have booked and your name isn't down please let me know and I will add you.
PLEASE NOTE If you wish to go to attendees on the opening post of this thread and then click on rsvp in the right hand corner put that you are attending .
Kind regards Kate

Attendee's

No Marshall's at this rally @swanseajack13 has kindly offered to parking you up.
1 @WynandJean
2 @movan
3 @swanseajack13 Thurs
4 @Silkcut1105
5 @DLT@ Thurs
6 @enery8 Thurs
7 @Liver birds Thurs
8 @Bessie600
9 @Janine Thurs
10 @Nana Thurs
11 @SteveandDenise
12 @scottie / Thurs
13 @raysalaugh
14 @John Longmore / first rally /cancelled
15 @Targetpaster
16 @patricia the newbie Thurs
17 @Daz n Tina /thurs
18 @brynric /thurs
19 @quickweh /Thurs 4nights
20 @Chocy boy /Thus, 4nights
21 @Revolvor /Fri afternoon
22 @Little Camper /fri
23 @AdamH

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
It’s our first rally with the funsters, is there any procedures or do we just turn up smiling? ;-)

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Oh dear - have you not been warned about the initiation ceremony.....?

We’ve been many times before so we know what to expect.
However ,we’ve been on the road for a few weeks and have found that our dolphin has a small leak, our supply of Vaseline is nearly depleted (and I know how difficult axle grease can be to remove) and our bottle of Bulgarian pear vodka is a little rancid.
Still I’m sure I’ll be able to witness the ceremony from a distance if not take part in all the intimate details. At least my cloak will stay clean.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We’ve been many times before so we know what to expect.
However ,we’ve been on the road for a few weeks and have found that our dolphin has a small leak, our supply of Vaseline is nearly depleted (and I know how difficult axle grease can be to remove) and our bottle of Bulgarian pear vodka is a little rancid.
Still I’m sure I’ll be able to witness the ceremony from a distance if not take part in all the intimate details. At least my cloak will stay clean.

As long as you remember to wear your wetsuits, you'll be fine ;)(y)

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Sorry guys I think I saw a post somewhere about the best approach to the racecourse and camp site. Can anyone advise please?

I posted info for approaching from the M4 (J18). (See Post #161 in this thread)

I'm not sure about coming from Devizes. However if you approach via the A4, from Box, (Google Maps route) I personally would NOT take the road off to the Racecourse at Upper Swainswick, as it is very narrow.

edit: It is quite a detour, but if you carry on up the hill (still on the A4) you will come to the roundabout mentioned in my post, where you should turn LEFT. The alternative it to go into Bath, and turn up Landsdown Hill, to the racecourse. This must be suitable for a MH as it is on the Park & Ride route.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Have got back from old Mo's meet today..Just realised i'm down for this event.
Maybe later today, or Possibly Friday. It's this age thing.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Gosh untill I read @Chocy boys post

Have got back from old Mo's meet today..Just realised i'm down for this event.
Maybe later today, or Possibly Friday. It's this age thing.

I hadn't realised bath was this weekend. Either :doh:Have Fun everyone I hope the sun comes out to play for you xxx Kate

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
ALARM
Sorry about alarm going off. I have a strike back set up and it told me that it was a ‘jamming attempt’!! Anyway spoke to alarm people and with the timings it looks perhaps like it was linked to setting of an alarm in the vicinity on a similar waveband and the system thought it was being compromised. Anyway they assure me that in the short term that it’s sorted. Fingers crossed.
Bob and Jan in the Bailey

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Landsdowne Park and ride is half a mile away as well. Very frequent from there

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Well it's been an interesting show - if you can call it that!

Quite a few vans to look at but virtually no accessory stalls or food outlets.

Having said that, the entertainment was very good both nights. Shame the bar was eye-wateringly expensive - £5 a pint and £6.50 for a G&T!

Not sure if I would come back next year ...

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
How much?! :Eeek:

That’s extortionate.....

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Well it's been an interesting show - if you can call it that!

Quite a few vans to look at but virtually no accessory stalls or food outlets.

Having said that, the entertainment was very good both nights. Shame the bar was eye-wateringly expensive - £5 a pint and £6.50 for a G&T!

Not sure if I would come back next year ...
OMG what a rip of why does it warrant these sort if prices. You would think they would realise folk won't come back. Malvern autumn show was a lovely little show really enjoyed it there but then they changed the policy you couldn't take your own drinks In its a show we will not be doing again extortionate prices stupid service l
, long long que's we decided if we do any more shows it will be at a cost we can afford and that will mean not visiting the bars. .

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
To be fair, I think there is a room for us to use next to the vans which you can take your own drinks in. The entertainment was in the posh grandstand bar.

Some of us bought a drink and topped it up under the table ;)

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
It was lovely to meet you too. Hope your dog is feeling a bit better today :)
Thank you. She is a bit better but still off her food. Hope it doesn't mean an (expensive) visit to the vets. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Totally agree with Janine. I will only come back next year as I didn' make it into Bath this time, that being the main purpose of my visit. The site itself was fine as was the weather. Stall wise, hard sell by the RSPB, and another company selling basically roof insulation. Even the Romsey how which is near me had a lot more accessories stalls. Didn't' do enternainment, was happy just relaxing.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
............ and another company selling basically roof insulation.
He REALLY annoyed me! Started on his sales pitch as we walked by. Wouldn't listen to anything I said. Assumed our roof was falling to pieces without even asking! I cut him short and walked away.

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
Thank you everyone for a great weekend, we loved the company but couldn’t find the show (must have blinked). The RSPB man was extremely rude to us too, we chose to breath in the love and walked away quickly. The park and ride was an easy walk down the foot path and at £6 return per couple was a bargain! The £5 a pint at the evening show I have to say was not a bargin! To the wonderful musicians playing and singing in the Sunday sun thank you we loved it! If we had travelled to the show without booking with the funsters, we would have been home Friday evening. Thank you all for making us feel welcome on our first funster rally. Take care Mike and Toni

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Now all moved on I told the RSPB man the only bird I was interested in was one in a chicken curry stopped him dead.
Nice company all weekend and some good laughs.DILLY DILLY

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back