Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Just a cautionary tale if your heading abroad regarding bank cards. Yesterday, I get an email from Barclaycard informing me they are replacing my card, despite it not expiring until 2020! We only use it for car hire or emergencies and have other cards including the brilliant Revolut. However, it’s still annoying and inconvenient and had I not seen the email my card would only have worked for a few more days. They have now extended the life of my card for a month! Wow, thanks very much.

The last time I told my bank and Barclaycard I was going abroad they told me I didn’t need to do that any longer, but I’m thinking it could have alerted both them and me! Needless to say I have raised a complaint and await to see their response.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Could be that they have information that your card had been compromised, is the card number the same?

It could be, or they are just overreacting on seeing a couple of transactions in northern Spain after we arrived just a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea on the card numbers though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back