Bailey Autograph Hab door / central locking Question. (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
I’ve recently had a problem opening the habitation door after unlocking it using the central locking button on the dash. Basically it was jammed shut with me inside and it couldn’t even be opened by my daughter from the outside.
Eventually after many attempts to open it by setting / unsettling the CL many times when I pulled the lever and applied some pressure to the top and bottom of the door (where the shoot bolts are) it popped open. Relief!!
The system has settled down now and now after deactivating the CL on the dash I can open the hab door using 2 pulls of the lever. The first pull opens the door to a half open position (like when you don’t quite close your car door properly) and the second pull lifts the shoot bolts over the hooks allowing you to open the door. So now it’s always 2 pulls one after the other. However I seem to remember that prior to this issue with the CL I only had to pull the lever once.
So my question is how many times do you have to pull your lever to open the door? My Autograph is a 2017 model with this door lock.
3DF2DEF6-E709-4BB0-AFD6-D14685E8180E.jpeg

Last edited:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Whilst I have no idea how to fix your specific question a lot of central locking woes on the habitation door appear to be cleared by cleaning the electrical contacts on the door frame. (y)

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
We have same lock in our 2015 625, only pull it once.
However we have had door problem and we replaced fob battery and reset everything and all seems good again 🤷‍♀️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2020
Hartpury, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 796
Exp
I have 2017 Autograph. How level was the van ?
I used to have a sticky door in hot weather that I fixed that and only one pull of the handle. But I have noticed that if I were to use a ramp under just the driver side front wheel, then I can experience the jamming once again.

OP
OP
Kev and Ju
Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
So after staring at the lock for an hour last night whilst despatching a large Malbec I think I’ve cracked it. There appear to be two levels of closure of the main hab door. Half and full.

1. If you pull it shut ‘gently’ which does actually close / latch the door (half close) you only need just one pull of the lever to open it.

2. If you close it by giving it a good ‘hard’ pull (almost a slam) it seems to close / dead lock the door on another lever (full close) and that’s when you need to use two pulls to open it - one to unlock it to the half open position and a second pull which lifts the bolts over the hooks which enables you to open the door.

Why it’s taken 12 months of ownership to realise this God only knows but that’s MH’ing for you!

OP
OP
Kev and Ju
Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
So disregard all that.
Despite my little system working OK I’ve just heard from Dinmore confirming that only ONE pull of the lever is be required to open the door and it sounds like some adjustment of the mechanism is required. Booked in for Friday!
Watch this space!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back