Bailey Adamo grey waste (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

worthingflyer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Recently bought a Bailey Adamo and staggered to find out how poor the grey waste outlet is. The outlet is about three feet in from the edge of the motorhome. Please does anyone have experience of adding a pipe to get the outlet closer to the side of the van so it can be lined up with a wastemaster or drain without scrabbling around on the ground?

OP
OP
W

worthingflyer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
45B2F920-B429-4774-A016-89A14E17E1E1.jpeg

A picture of what you have would help with responses
Here you go. Some photos showing the outlet with cap removed. The outlet is 50mm with lugs on the outside to hold the cap. Unfortunately the pics don’t show how far under it is but you have to get on your back and head and shoulders under the vehicle to be able to reach. I am wondering if anyone has any specific experience of fixing this on Bailey Adamos.

Attachments

• B3EBC9D1-28D3-439C-AF77-159425CF76B0.jpeg
    B3EBC9D1-28D3-439C-AF77-159425CF76B0.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 124
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Take it of and go to a plumbers merchant/pond supplier and get some pipe to extend it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Seems a poor arrangement. I would extend the pipe to the side and put a ball valve on the end where it can be easily reached. I have done this on mine where the valve handle was under the van and difficult to reach by a non flexible person like me.

OP
OP
W

worthingflyer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
There is a rod coming out of the side I assume is the valve.
There is a handle, so yes the valve can be opened from the side. The first time you use it you have to get right underneath to remove the cap. As a cap is fitted, I assume it is recommended that the cap is replaced after use. However, realistically nobody is going to do that. The problem is that the tank cannot emptied into a wastemaster or similar, but only into a drain that is positioned under the middle of the vehicle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

worthingflyer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Seems a poor arrangement. I would extend the pipe to the side and put a ball valve on the end where it can be easily reached. I have done this on mine where the valve handle was under the van and difficult to reach by a non flexible person like me.
Yes, that’s what I anticipate. However, the pipe coming out from the waste tank has an odd connector. Hence I am hoping to find someone that has already dealt with this on their Adamo and could point me in the direction of parts or a kit that could solve the problem without too much hassle of designing and fettling a bespoke solution.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The problem is that the tank cannot emptied into a wastemaster or similar, but only into a drain that is positioned under the middle of the vehicle.
A lot of Chasson are like that stupid design.
I expect the cap is put on when made and should have been taken off before delivery.

Mar 12, 2021
Renfrew Scotland
Funster No
MH
kontiki sport
Exp
20 years tugging .5 years MOH.
PDM. Or pipe stalk Plumbing merchants, deal in therma plastic and Dura pipe which is commonly
Used In Moho, caravans etc. just Google them. Good luck.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Yes, that’s what I anticipate. However, the pipe coming out from the waste tank has an odd connector. Hence I am hoping to find someone that has already dealt with this on their Adamo and could point me in the direction of parts or a kit that could solve the problem without too much hassle of designing and fettling a bespoke solution.
Mine was a standard size of plastic pipe from B&Q

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back