LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I had to pack my awning away wet on Thursday morning after the torrential rain and flooding around Windermere, but I managed to get it mostly dried out in the garden yesterday and finished the process with another couple of hours outside today.

All of the window panels have started to go cloudy, which I'm assuming is down to the cold conditions, but I've never experienced this with previous awnings, even during winter use. It is definitely not condensation, as the entire awning has now dried out.

Have any of you seen this effect on your own awnings and do the window panels return to being clear once the weather improves.

I'm debating whether or not to lodge an early complaint with Kampa, just in case they don't clear.

Ken.

image.jpeg

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Hopefully they will dry out. If you lodge an early complaint with Kampa , don't tell them they were put away wet just in case. It happened while the awning was erected .
Hope they dry out , simpest solution.
John

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I've had that happen with my Outdoor Revolution utility tent (Outhouse Handi XL) several times, and it's always cleared up. I'm pretty sure it was during low temperatures.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kingham

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
@kelpie Thanks and I get where you're coming from, but at this time of year it has to be expected that it can't always be put away dry. As long as it isn't stored wet for extended periods, it should cope.

I've actually come across a photo I took while I was away and it looks as if the clouding started earlier in the week, while the awning was still up.

@Bailey 15 Thanks also, but neither me or the dog own a hairdryer :D

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
@kelpie Thanks and I get where you're coming from, but at this time of year it has to be expected that it can't always be put away dry. As long as it isn't stored wet for extended periods, it should cope.

I've actually come across a photo I took while I was away and it looks as if the clouding started earlier in the week, while the awning was still up.

@Bailey 15 Thanks also, but neither me or the dog own a hairdryer :D
Know it's not possible to put away dry ,but if neither you or the dog have a hairdrier change the dog:D. I have a dog and wouldn't change her .
Hopefully time will cure the opaqueness , is that even a word?
John

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Makes me wonder if Kampa's supplier has changed the spec for the clear panel material to keep the price down.

If there is a problem with the material going opaque at low temperatures Kampa need to be made aware of it.

OP
OP
Kingham

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Makes me wonder if Kampa's supplier has changed the spec for the clear panel material to keep the price down.

If there is a problem with the material going opaque at low temperatures Kampa need to be made aware of it.
An email and pic has been sent to their customer service team. We shall see what kind of response next week brings.

OP
OP
Kingham

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Kampa have seen the picture and reassure me that this normal and will disappear once the awning and weather have warmed up and dried out sufficiently.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back