Free Member
Feb 3, 2024
Swindon, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner 594
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi all, I’m in the process of buying a new Burstner 594, and have seen a second hand Dometic awning which has a max connection height of 2.65m. Can anyone tell me if this would fit the awning attachment on the Moho? Many thanks

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Not sure what you mean by "connection height" but a 594 appears to be 2.95m tall and looking at pictures of ones with an awning, they look to be mounted as high as they can possibly be, probably to provide clearance to get the hab door open ?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi and welcome.

How will it be connected to the van? If it’s to the wind out awning be careful with the size of the attachment beading as there are 2 sizes, a motorhome awning one being smaller than that of a caravan.
You need to know the height of the connection channel to the floor and allow for a slope on most sites.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Rob Stork

Free Member
Feb 3, 2024
Swindon, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner 594
Exp
I’m a newbie
Not sure what you mean by "connection height" but a 594 appears to be 2.95m tall and looking at pictures of ones with an awning, they look to be mounted as high as they can possibly be, probably to provide clearance to get the hab door open ?
Many thanks. The connection height is the max height of the tent to be attached to the vehicle awning connector

OP
OP
R

Rob Stork

Free Member
Feb 3, 2024
Swindon, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner 594
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi and welcome.

How will it be connected to the van? If it’s to the wind out awning be careful with the size of the attachment beading as there are 2 sizes, a motorhome awning one being smaller than that of a caravan.
You need to know the height of the connection channel to the floor and allow for a slope on most sites.
Thanks Phil, I hadn’t thought of giving extra space for sloping sites. Good advice.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Usually the height of the awning is to the bottom of the awning cartridge. 2650 sounds about right. The dealer can give you the height.
If it is a caravan awning then you might need a Kador connector and Figure of Eight . This converts 4mm beading to 6mm . It’s easy really but the real piece of info you need is the cassette height to the awning rail.
Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back