Avtex not picking up stations (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We have an Avtex L187 DRS V2 and an Oyster dish.
I cannot get ITV 1, Channel 5, 4 , 4 more and lots of other channels. it has been ok in the past as I would have noticed lack of Emmerdale. Oddly ITV +1 is ok.
i have retuned twice, not sure if I’m doing the correct retune as it says dtv on it, not satellite
It hasn’t made any difference, I can test the tv by taking it into the house, but it’s a bit of a job getting at the connectors. Is there anything else I can do before I get to that point. I tried to ring Avtex but couldn’t get hold of anyone.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Casper,

Chances are that the frequency list in the Avtex is out of date so every time you try a channel scan it's not searching all frequencies on the Satellite. First thing I'd try is a blind scan rather than a transponder scan as that will ignore the list programmed in the Avtex and scan the entire frequency range available. I will take longer but should find everything. Might be worth deleting everything first though as the new channels will all download to the back of the existing ones and then you'd have to move them manually.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
To retune to default avtex satellite channel list, press the Source button then number buttons 2468
Switch off/on.

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Hi Casper,

Chances are that the frequency list in the Avtex is out of date so every time you try a channel scan it's not searching all frequencies on the Satellite. First thing I'd try is a blind scan rather than a transponder scan as that will ignore the list programmed in the Avtex and scan the entire frequency range available. I will take longer but should find everything. Might be worth deleting everything first though as the new channels will all download to the back of the existing ones and then you'd have to move them manually.
That's sounds fine thank you, if I had any idea of what a blind scan is, or how to delete first. It's much like internet, I can follow instructions but it is blindly following and not knowing the outcome. Is there anywhere on internet that will show me?

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Is the dish correctly pointed.
I use a domestic sky dish on our camper, sometimes when it’s not lined up quite right some channels usually HD are unavailable, although there’s a bit of lea way.
Digital tv channels are transmitted in groups I.e a group of channels is on a certain frequency not wanting to get techy but the dish can pickup some better than others.

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Is the dish correctly pointed.
I use a domestic sky dish on our camper, sometimes when it’s not lined up quite right some channels usually HD are unavailable, although there’s a bit of lea way.
Digital tv channels are transmitted in groups I.e a group of channels is on a certain frequency not wanting to get techy but the dish can pickup some better than others.
I’m sure the dish is ok, we have been away three days and it has set itself up on three CLs with the same problem on each. Anthony Oyster Techs solution sounds logical, I’m just not sure how to put it into operation. I think that I have found out how to delete, but I don’t know how to implement a blind scan.

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Thank you everyone. I have spent time pressing buttons, following your advice and generally cursing and at last I have found some of my lost channels. I was nearly at the stage of a new system, but I can now spend my pennies on chocolate instead.

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Thanks for posting Casper46 as I’ve been meaning to sort ours out and just retuned and now have plenty of channels for my dear wife to watch.
Ray

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
That's sounds fine thank you, if I had any idea of what a blind scan is, or how to delete first. It's much like internet, I can follow instructions but it is blindly following and not knowing the outcome. Is there anywhere on internet that will show me?
Good afternoon Casper,

Apologies for the delayed response although it's very very busy here right now as things start to reopen once again.
I'm afraid that updating the Avtex TV can be quite an involved process which, unfortunately, I cannot warrant spending the time detailing for you at the moment. If you want to have a more detailed look into in then it is all explained in the Avtex instruction material that you should of received with the TV as part of the system. If you did not receive this the premium instructions can be found using the link below or alternatively you could contact Avtex directly who will hopefully be able to offer some more detailed instructions.

I hope this helps.

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Thank you for your suggestions, I borrowed a neighbours child and between us we found our lost programs. Technology and getting older is starting to be a problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back