Avtex 27” smart TVs - Netflix and Prime? (3 Viewers)

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Hi all, we are about to order a tv for the new motorhome but want to make sure we will be able to watch Netflix and prime - avtex don’t show images on their site and I can’t find any information anywhere that says they are included.
Has anyone got one of these that can help please?
Yes I want an avtex as we want the option of sky and streaming in one box.
TIA
I believe the latest Avtex smart Tv has prime and Netflix incorporated

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Arc port ??
Audio Return Channel, it connects your TV and audio system via a single high speed HDMI cable eliminating the need for additional audio cables, on my setup I have an HDMI input and output on my soundbar so the lead from my sky box goes into the input on the soundbar then the output from the soundbar goes to the tv, there are other ways of configuring it but that one works for me.

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
I would sell you my 10 month old Ferguson 22” ( made by Cello in Uk) that fit perfectly in my recently sold Elddis 175
It has built in sat receiver and smart caoability
If you are interested I will dig the bix out of the lift and send full spec

This would save you a pile of money
Were you a scriptwriter once for 'Allo 'Allo? :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 25, 2021
Chippenham, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 Welcome
Exp
Ex Tugger saw the light in 2019
Yep you do need an Amazon Prime membership for firestick,,but that’s not a bad thing,👍
Not strictly true. I have a firestick with a netflix app linked to my netflix account. I certainly don't have a amazon prime account but the stick is registered to my amazon standard account. No access to any amazon streaming services but all the rest, iPlayer, ITV Hub, 4 and My 5. There maybe a few others but that's more than enough. All you do is download the apps you require and set up an account for each one. (What a pain that was with no keyboard)

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Do LG or Samsung manufacture any TVs that will run from a 12v dc supply?
Have a look at the links in post #32 the LG works on 19 volts but a 12 volt converter is available.

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Not strictly true. I have a firestick with a netflix app linked to my netflix account. I certainly don't have a amazon prime account but the stick is registered to my amazon standard account. No access to any amazon streaming services but all the rest, iPlayer, ITV Hub, 4 and My 5. There maybe a few others but that's more than enough. All you do is download the apps you require and set up an account for each one. (What a pain that was with no keyboard)
Maybe I should have said Amazon account,,,👍👍👍

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Son tried loading the Sky Go app
on our van tv but with no luck☹️
Will just have to keep watching on the iPad.
Even with the iPad plugged into the tv it won’t mirror just the sound works☹️☹️

Sep 23, 2020
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 7009
Exp
Since 2002
Hi all, we are about to order a tv for the new motorhome but want to make sure we will be able to watch Netflix and prime - avtex don’t show images on their site and I can’t find any information anywhere that says they are included.
Has anyone got one of these that can help please?
Yes I want an avtex as we want the option of sky and streaming in one box.
TIA

Sep 23, 2020
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 7009
Exp
Since 2002
The latest Avtex 27 Smart, released a few weeks ago, has it all built in and IMO is very good. Much better than previous model. 😀

Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Researching new MH
Exp
With regard to the iPad not mirroring to a TV that is a restriction by the content providers and is annoying. We have great success with an Apple TV ( use one at home as well) in combination with a 22” LG, use with an inerter as wand when required. Home from home ! Can use Netflix, Prime, Disney Sky Now etc plus all the main channels online apps.

Sep 26, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Peugeot autoquest185
Exp
I have a sharp 22inch smart tv bought from Amazon got rid of the 19inch avtex tv compared to avtex the sharp tv is far superior. So much easier to tune in. Also put wifi in the van. Home from home. Just watch gadget john for wifi. Works perfectly everywhere. Faster than my home wifi.

Mar 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728
Exp
Since 1995
Just fitted a 22” LG 22TN410V TV with step-up (12V to 19V) converter and an Amazon Fire Stick and I am very happy with the upgrade. The full HD (1080p) IPS backlit display is much clearer & brighter than my previous HD ready (720p) CFL lit display. The sound and menus are a big improvement too.

Jul 3, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 yrs

Feb 24, 2018
Humberside
Funster No
MH
Geist Phantom
Exp
MoHo since March 2018.
It’s the prices they want for Avtex that put me off after I broke the screen on my Cello. Had a domestic 32” JVC we had spare running on a 300W inverter for a little while but was too big for where I wanted it placed. Bought a Sharp 24” Smart tv well under £200 and it came with both 230V and 12V connections. Been using it a little over 18 months with no problems

yovenim

Free Member
May 31, 2023
Funster No
MH
just looking
Duff info from me, does NOT, have in built sat receiver
It is 24 inch not 22

It IS a Smart tv with Netflix,Prime ,YouTube and Catch up pre loaded
It IS Wi fi enabled

It DOES have Freesat

Cheapest on e bay, direct from ferguson is £209.99. Ebay item
make me an offerView attachment 517691
Avtex is known for manufacturing TVs specifically designed for use in motorhomes and caravans, and they often include built-in features for satellite TV and media playback. However, it's always recommended to double-check the specifications and features of a particular Avtex model before making a purchase. To confirm if a specific Avtex TV model supports streaming services like Netflix and Prime Video, I suggest visiting Avtex's official website and looking for product documentation or reaching out to their customer support. They will be able to provide you with accurate and up-to-date information regarding the compatibility and availability of these streaming services on their TVs. Additionally, you can also check for online reviews or forums where fellow motorhome owners share their experiences with Avtex TVs and whether streaming services are supported. This can give you a better understanding of the capabilities of their products. Regenerate response

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Bought a Cello TV, mistakenly thinking it a bargain. The picture is almost acceptable when viewed directly in front, but when you move to view 15deg or so to one side the image is dreadful. It has been relegated to sit directly in front of my exercise bike at home to relieve boredom!

12 months ago I bought an Avtex TV for our new MoHo. Do not need in our MoHo the full “cinema experience” we seek at home and our Smart Avtex TV does indeed give access to Netflix and Prime via our onboard SIM-based WiFi router. The attached image shows the remote control with specific buttons for both of these services. The image is far superior to our experience with the Cello and we find the sound acceptable for the use we make of it in the MoHo. Our attitude is that we do not set out on MoHo adventures with the intention of spending lengthy periods sitting inside watching TV!

image.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back