Avtex 27” smart TVs - Netflix and Prime? (1 Viewer)

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
This TV will do all that you have asked and has WiFi and Bluetooth and all SMART Apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime and all the Terrestrial streaming Apps. It has built in Freesat and Freeview tuners with full guides. The picture and sound quality is vastly superior to the Avtex which is just overpriced rubbish. The second item is an adapter to run this set on 12v. The two combined come to less than £200.

Broken Link Removed

<Broken link removed>

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
As domestic type tv's are designed for fixed use in the home, are the Avtex's and similar better at coping with constant movement in a vehicle?

Feb 24, 2018
Humberside
Funster No
MH
Geist Phantom
Exp
MoHo since March 2018.
As domestic type tv's are designed for fixed use in the home, are the Avtex's and similar better at coping with constant movement in a vehicle?
In my experience the domestic tv has outlasted the Cello I had originally. Still don’t know how the screen got cracked on the cello though but it would have cracked a domestic set if that’s what was there. Little difference except cost from what I can see.

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
I have a "Smart" Avtex and a Cello. I also have an Amazon Firestick in each. On satellite the Avtex is superior it also has a far better screen angle view than the Cello, both are poor on sound quality so I have fitted a soundbar for the Avtex. The Smart Avtex I bought is very limited hence the need for a firestick. If you want to use a firestick you will need WiFi, there are a few ways of receiving Wifi and it has been discussed on many forums. Never used terrestrial on these TVs so cannot compare. The 12v "camper" TVs are designed for use in a mobile vehicle are not only use 12V by default but are meant to be more resilient to the shakes and rattles associated with caravans and motor caravans.

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Can I join this please?! We have inherited one of these Ferguson TVs with built in Netflix, YouTube Prime etc..my question is...how do I connect it to wifi? Not really interested in BBC etc but the Netflix side of things would be great.

Attachments

• 20220507_154414.jpg
    20220507_154414.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220507_154420.jpg
    20220507_154420.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220507_154402.jpg
    20220507_154402.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220507_154408.jpg
    20220507_154408.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 22
Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
I've decided.
Get the scooter rack delivered and trial fix next week, then i'm going down to A&E Northwich (motorhomes and Caravan parts and service thing) and say "put me a telly in that, please".
All this tech stuff does my head in.
Me too!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wannabee

Free Member
Sep 20, 2020
Halifax
Funster No
MH
CompassAvantgarde196
Exp
30 years on boats now MH now a chugger
I tried the Cello but the quality was terrible for viewing angle, sound, and picture quality. Replaced with a Avtex HD with their soundbar and Firestick. Great upgrade and excellent quality. Expensive but worth it in my view.

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
Can I join this please?! We have inherited one of these Ferguson TVs with built in Netflix, YouTube Prime etc..my question is...how do I connect it to wifi? Not really interested in BBC etc but the Netflix side of things would be great.
Probably the best solution is to use a Firestick in your tv. You need at least an Amazon account and subscription to netflix. You will also need WiFi. I use a maxview roam, which requires a sim card. This will also give you BBC iplayer, Itv etc. There are other solutions but I found this the best for me.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
We have had the same Avtex tv in our vans since 2011. We have used it with satellite & a sky box, but now just have a Firestick connected, & a terrestrial aerial. The DVD is a bit temperamental, but (touching wood) the tv has been great. We have always left it in place to jiggle around, & it can be seen from all viewing angles. It was expensive, but considering we full timed for the first three years of its use, I think we have had our moneys worth!

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Probably the best solution is to use a Firestick in your tv. You need at least an Amazon account and subscription to netflix. You will also need WiFi. I use a maxview roam, which requires a sim card. This will also give you BBC iplayer, Itv etc. There are other solutions but I found this the best for me.
We have a Netflix account for home...and a 4g wifi device..

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
We have a Netflix account for home...and a 4g wifi device..
I that case your will have no problem, a Fire stick is the best way to go, as Catpirate said, is your Netflix account linked to Amazon?

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Have a look at Greg Virgoe's excellent video on how he made use of a Samsung Smart TV on 12DC.

I know this bloke is talented and his van builds are top quality. Unfortunately he chose to associate with Bodget ( Gadget ) John and promote his quite frankly irresponsible video blogs( with regards to Lithium batteries) . That’s when I decided to give him a miss .

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Yep you do need an Amazon Prime membership for firestick,,but that’s not a bad thing,👍

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
You don't need an Avtex tv , just get a fire stick you can plug it into most TVs and get all the channels you require including Netflix,Amazon prime if your a subscriber , as for the sound on the Avtex it's not good at all speakers are on the back no sound coming from front so you need it turned up full to hear it , sound bars are extortionate, you can but a Bluetooth speaker and a sender to connect to tv or you can plug in a cable on the earphone part of tv and connect it to external speaker locate it near you and perfect sound , I believe you can also use the aux port in some motorhomes that will play sound through radio speakers but sorry don't know how to do that one ,maybe the guys on here can guide you on that one ,

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
I would try get a tv with at least 2 HDMI ports and maybe an arc port ( handy if you want a soundbar in the future) most decent TVs now should have all this, if you use an I pad, you can get the connectors from Mr Bezos corner shop, happy hunting👍
Arc port ??

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
According to the Avtex brochure which I have as I recently looked into buying a telly for my van, their new models (some of them at least) DO have full Smarts, with Netflix and Sky.
I decided to do something different, but I very nearly bit the bullet and bought one.

frenchie 79

Free Member
May 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
c class
Hi all, we are about to order a tv for the new motorhome but want to make sure we will be able to watch Netflix and prime - avtex don’t show images on their site and I can’t find any information anywhere that says they are included.
Has anyone got one of these that can help please?
Yes I want an avtex as we want the option of sky and streaming in one box.
TIA
If you ring avtex up they are very helpful & will answer your questions.We have Avtex but it only has freeview to get that you have to have internet.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
This TV will do all that you have asked and has WiFi and Bluetooth and all SMART Apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime and all the Terrestrial streaming Apps. It has built in Freesat and Freeview tuners with full guides. The picture and sound quality is vastly superior to the Avtex which is just overpriced rubbish. The second item is an adapter to run this set on 12v. The two combined come to less than £200.

Broken Link Removed

<Broken link removed>
That TV is same as ours LG 24" 2021 model, does everything and only uses 18w. Amazing 🤩 that's just 1.5 amps from the battery.

Sep 12, 2021
Funster No
MH
T708sl
Hi all, we are about to order a tv for the new motorhome but want to make sure we will be able to watch Netflix and prime - avtex don’t show images on their site and I can’t find any information anywhere that says they are included.
Has anyone got one of these that can help please?
Yes I want an avtex as we want the option of sky and streaming in one box.
TIA
Would a fire stick be an option?

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yep you do need an Amazon Prime membership for firestick,,but that’s not a bad thing,👍
No you don’t have to have Amazon prime, plenty of stuff without it.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I have a Sniper 24" tv and use it with a firestick and a satellite dish, it has Bluetooth, it is full 1080p resolution which most tv's this size are not (note they are described as hd ready) and the hdmi ports support ARC so I use it with a JBL sound bar when I have hook up, (i will be experimenting with an inverter when I get a chance) it also has a dvd player built in and works off 12v and 240v.

Oct 8, 2016
Tunbridge Wells
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
I'm a newbie
I’ve had two Avtex TV’s and had problems with DVD loading and playing. Unless I planned to do most of my touring without EHU (in which case Avtex is a must) then next time I’d go with an LG/Samsung TV since Apple TV+/Prime/Netflix/BBC iPlayer/YouTube all included as well as web access. You would just need a decent wi-fi connection.

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
We have a 19" sniper ...with the TV and Satellite tuners, dvd and the usual tech they have these days....Mrs has a Firestick for her streaming options. Generally we use the TV hooked to a Snipe satellite dish where tuning in has got both the UK & EU astra 28 beams channels and we've set the channels in the order we want as it doesn't auto set them up l. Obviously the site location determines the streaming option due to WiFi signal if you use a mifi device for that. Safe Travels

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back